End of Summer Thank You Notes? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Yes or No?

Yes
42%
No
58%

Total votes: 26

Anonymous User

End of Summer Thank You Notes?

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:24 pm

I work at a mid-sized firm in a secondary market. I don't know anything about an offer yet. My last day is next week, and I was thinking about writing thank you cards to the attorneys and staff I worked with over the summer. I *think* most of the people to whom I 'd be writing the cards would appreciate the gesture, but am I wrong? Would this come off as weird? I wouldn't be handing them the cards or anything, more like placing them on their desks the night before my last day.

soflanetworking

New

Re: End of Summer Thank You Notes?

Post by soflanetworking » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:25 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I work at a mid-sized firm in a secondary market. I don't know anything about an offer yet. My last day is next week, and I was thinking about writing thank you cards to the attorneys and staff I worked with over the summer. I *think* most of the people to whom I 'd be writing the cards would appreciate the gesture, but am I wrong? Would this come off as weird? I wouldn't be handing them the cards or anything, more like placing them on their desks the night before my last day.
A thank you card, may seem a little weird to them at first, but it shows them you really enjoyed your time there, and it may get you the invite back... They will appreciate it

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:18 am

I sent them because it's how I was raised. I'm sure it was more well-received than off-putting.

Go for it.

Myself

Silver

Post by Myself » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Last edited by Myself on Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

sunynp

Gold

Post by sunynp » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:00 pm

I would thank my secretary and give a gift. But I wouldn't thank the attorneys with a card. It is a job not a birthday party. It might be different in the South where the etiquette is different.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:31 pm

i would give a thank you card to the secretary/staff you closely worked with, and your attorney mentor/other mentors.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:22 pm

i handwrote a thank you card to my supervising attorney- and the attorneys in the group i worked in. They really appreciated the gesture.

But be sure that the thank you is just a thank you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”