3.49 at Fordham - What firms? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3.49 at Fordham - What firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:52 am

Hey - I could use some help looking at firms. What can I expect with 3.49 at Fordham? This puts me right around top 15%. No significant WE (<1 year as a legal assistant, random jobs through college), Fed Judicial Internship for 1L summer.

Think I can pull a Vault range firm? Are there any non-V20s that have large class sizes?

(Want to stay in NYC. Have ties to FL)

- Oh, and want transactional.

Anonymous User

Re: 3.49 at Fordham - What firms?

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:16 pm

bump

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:11 pm

you should be in good shape. bid on 2s, 2+s and if you want, 1s with large class sizes wouldn't be totally inadvisable. This will make sense when that list is distributed (if the sba hasn't done that yet).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:54 pm

If you make law review you're set. Golden. You can definitely pull off a legit vault firm.

If no law review, it'll be a little harder, but still, it's a solid GPA and V60s-V100s will definitely be reachable, if not higher if you are a good interviewer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:22 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey - I could use some help looking at firms. What can I expect with 3.49 at Fordham? This puts me right around top 15%. No significant WE (<1 year as a legal assistant, random jobs through college), Fed Judicial Internship for 1L summer.

Think I can pull a Vault range firm? Are there any non-V20s that have large class sizes?

(Want to stay in NYC. Have ties to FL)

- Oh, and want transactional.
just out of curiosity, how did you come up with the 15% number? does fordham break down their class rank approx more than just 10% then 25% or just approximating?

horseradish

New

Post by horseradish » Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Unfortunately, 3.5 is the magic number for a lot of firms at fordham. That being said, you have still have a really good shot at a lot of firms. Not sure about class sizes, but should be able to find some info on the firm website.

Check out firms like cadwalader, winston & strawn, o'melveny, white & case, chadbourne & parke...

I know those are all over the vault rankings, but rankings don't necessarily correlate with grade selectivity.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”