Public Interest 1L Job Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Public Interest 1L Job

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:50 pm

How hard is it to get one if you have absolutely no public interest stuff on your resume? No volunteer work etc.

Anonymous User

Re: Public Interest 1L Job

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:01 pm

Depends on what you consider public interest. I got 2 offers from disability advocacy orgs because I had studied and researched developmental disabilities as a psych major in undergrad. You need something pointing to why you're applying, but it doesn't have to be traditional volunteering.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Depends on what you consider public interest. I got 2 offers from disability advocacy orgs because I had studied and researched developmental disabilities as a psych major in undergrad. You need something pointing to why you're applying, but it doesn't have to be traditional volunteering.
Yes something like that. Helping the disadvantaged employment law etc.

eandy

Gold

Post by eandy » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:21 pm

For a 1L job, you don't really need any experience. Just be able to articulate in a cover letter why you want to do it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:24 pm

eandy wrote:For a 1L job, you don't really need any experience. Just be able to articulate in a cover letter why you want to do it.
OP here. Thanks a ton. I will begin applying as I am jobless and most likely fucked for the summer.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”