advice for 1L summer Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
marycrawley

New

advice for 1L summer

Post by marycrawley » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:10 pm

I know I am late to the game, but I was wondering if you guys had any advice on where I should be directing my summer job search.

My stats: T1 school in a major city that I would very happy to stay in, 4.1 law school GPA (I don't know my ranking, but I imagine this is one of the top gpas at the school), ivy undergrad if that helps. Was really not expecting to get such high grades, which is why my job search has been a bit disorganized thus far, with only a few cover letters to local firms sent out and applying to a few things through school.

The end goal is Biglaw, so I am pretty much open to anything that will further that interest, whether its judicial externships, summer firm positions, etc. (And I know I missed some major deadlines already, blame me for going partially catatonic over break).

Would appreciate any insight or feedback!

adonai

Silver

Re: advice for 1L summer

Post by adonai » Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Mail bomb firms, judges, and other places you would be interested in. I'd imagine that with a 4.1 GPA at a T1, you would be in the running for a firm job even though you're a little late. Lots of firms don't start interviewing until this month, so get on the ball now. A lot of federal district and COA judges are also interviewing right about now, so it isn't too late for that either. Make sure you attach your transcript with every app so you don't have to delay further by them asking for grades. Even if they didn't want grades, I'd imagine the 4.1 will open their eyes considerably.

heartroethlisberger

New

Re: advice for 1L summer

Post by heartroethlisberger » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Wow. Awesome and way to go. Don't worry too much about any lectures about grades dropping - just keep up the good work and you should be able to get a great job with those grades. :mrgreen:

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”