Cravath - Litigation, corporate... or tax? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cravath - Litigation, corporate... or tax?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:56 am

So, most firms are fine with interviewees being ambivalent between lit and corporate, or at least not having a strong preference. Some are even suspicious of students who express a strong preference without a background. But Cravath is known for dinging anyone who doesn't confidently state litigation or corporate in their screener.

What if I'm interested in tax? They treat tax separately from corporate on their website and NALP profile. When I'm asked the litigation/corporate question at my Cravath interview, do I say "corporate", or "actually, tax", or something else? (They also treat ERISA and T&E separately, which also interest me although maybe less than tax.)

Thoughts?

Anonymous User

Re: Cravath - Litigation, corporate... or tax?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Current SA at Cravath.

Just tell them tax. You'll be required to split your summer between tax and corporate (at least we were this year). Most choose to go back to tax full time if and when they get their offers. But the bottom line is to just tell them that you want tax, it won't disadvantage you.

The same is true for ECB and T&E.

Anonymous User

Re: Cravath - Litigation, corporate... or tax?

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Current SA at Cravath.

Just tell them tax. You'll be required to split your summer between tax and corporate (at least we were this year). Most choose to go back to tax full time if and when they get their offers. But the bottom line is to just tell them that you want tax, it won't disadvantage you.

The same is true for ECB and T&E.
Thanks!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”