Cornell, DC BigLaw Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Cornell, DC BigLaw

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Rising 2L at Cornell trying to figure out where to bid for fall recruiting. I'm mostly interested in DC firms and have strong ties to DC, but I am trying to figure out where to bid. I have a 3.79 (Top 10% cutoff is 3.81). I am patent bar eligible, but rather not do patent prosecution. I would like to do either IP litigation or telecommunications/regulatory law.

Currently, I am thinking about bidding for Arnold & Porter, WilmerHale, and Jones Day. Do I have a chance at these firms?
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diamond

Re: Cornell, DC BigLaw

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:57 pm

Yes. You should try Finnegan and Covington as well. Why didn't you try the Loyola Patent Fair.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:59 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Why didn't you try the Loyola Patent Fair.
Honestly, pure stupidity on my part. Initially signed up for it, then got side tracked with work and forgot to bid.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Why didn't you try the Loyola Patent Fair.
Honestly, pure stupidity on my part. Initially signed up for it, then got side tracked with work and forgot to bid.
Yea shit happens. If I were you I'd bid on all the firms that have decently sized IP litigation departments. There aren't that many, less than you'd be able to bid on at OCI anyway.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”