2011 NYU PILC Fair Thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

2011 NYU PILC Fair Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 pm

As those of you participating probably know, the PILC fair initial interviews were released a while ago. I saw that in previous years they had a thread like this, so I figured I would start one.

School: NYU
# Applied for: 29
# of Interviews you got: 8 interviews, 6 alternate (1 alternate due to scheduling conflict, 5 waitlist)
Cover letters? Yes, for every job. Put a lot of work into each letter (though some naturally overlapped)
Market(s): 2 DC, 1 death penalty appeal organization in the South, rest NYC
Areas of Focus Applied to: All over the map. Death penalty appeals, legal services, labor law, voting rights, city and federal government
Notes/Advice for Future Participants: Don't waste 6 slots by not getting enough resumes uploaded in time. You can change your uploaded resume later, although it was not clear at what point it got submitted to the employer.

Anonymous User

Re: 2011 NYU PILC Fair Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Also at NYU. Also 8 interviews. 4 alternates. Four of those interviews were without cover letters, though probably less competitive jobs. Further lesson – just submit some resumes if you're pressed for time at the end. Can't hurt.

Anonymous User

Re: 2011 NYU PILC Fair Thread

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:31 pm

Fordham evening 1L
applied to 25
2 interviews, 1 alternate
all NYC
applied to all different types of positions, interviews are for gov't and non-profits. cover letters for every application.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”