Is there anything actually useful on vault if ur not gold me Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Is there anything actually useful on vault if ur not gold me

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:31 am

...mber? Just from a quick look around it looks like it's some website has statistics about law firms - is this true?

If so, can anyone link me?

Edit: Uh oh looks like I violated the anonymous posting feature :x

My name is M.M. if it helps

edit: i thought it would be some obscure tool little known but found it easily using google. Thanks anyway
Last edited by Anonymous User on Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bk1

Diamond

Re: Hello, what is "Vault" ?

Post by bk1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 am

Was gonna be a dick and post a LMGTFY but I felt like there was probably a time when I didn't know so here:

http://www.vault.com/wps/portal/usa/ran ... regionId=0

Basically just a ranking system for big firms. Viewed as a ranking of prestige by students going through OCI but has been seen as flawed considering it is decided by survey data that skews heavily towards new associates in NYC.

M.M.

Bronze

Re: Delete please, I've answered my own question

Post by M.M. » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:09 am

So I've signed up, but it seems like you have to be a gold member to access a majority of it. Is that true ?

bk1

Diamond

Post by bk1 » Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:41 am

M.M. wrote:So I've signed up, but it seems like you have to be a gold member to access a majority of it. Is that true ?
You used to be able to view the V100 list for free, I don't know if that's still possible.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

M.M.

Bronze

Post by M.M. » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:40 am

bk187 wrote:
M.M. wrote:So I've signed up, but it seems like you have to be a gold member to access a majority of it. Is that true ?
You used to be able to view the V100 list for free, I don't know if that's still possible.
Ahhhh now I got all excited ... and can't see shit. :(

Guess I won't have to worry about which firm I wana work for for another few years anyway but I'm lookin for stats on lesser paying firms such as hours worked / pay and how much people work at the top firms too (in a quantified average) ... welp.

IzziesGal

Silver

Re: Is there anything actually useful on vault if ur not gold me

Post by IzziesGal » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:34 pm

Your law schools should give you access to the Vault website and all content for free. Berkeley's career site allows us to access the Vault as full members, which means we can download the full 600+ page guides.

M.M.

Bronze

Re: Is there anything actually useful on vault if ur not gold me

Post by M.M. » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:47 pm

IzziesGal wrote:Your law schools should give you access to the Vault website and all content for free. Berkeley's career site allows us to access the Vault as full members, which means we can download the full 600+ page guides.
Ahhh. Unfortunately I'm not actually in Ls yet :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”