Irell-LA callbacks thread Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Irell-LA callbacks thread

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:56 pm

got one a few days back, going in for my interview soon - anybody got any tips?

Anonymous User

Re: Irell-LA callbacks thread

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:33 am

It will be a long day--Irell was my longest callback--so make sure to get a good night's rest the night before.

As you probably know, the firm has an intellectual/nerdy culture, so expect some attorneys to start talking substantive law with you. For example, if someone asks you for your favorite 1L class, don't be surprised if they follow up by discussing--in detail--that area of law. Any law you researched/practiced over the summer is also fair game (i.e., know and be able to talk about your resume).

Also, get there ~15-20 min early. The recruiting manager, Robyn Steele, is a sweetheart and she'll give you the low-down on your interviewers.

Edit: Despite the above, there's no need to be nervous. Irell has a pretty high offer-to-callback ratio, and everyone I met was actually really nice. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:01 pm

bump, anyone else? I'm mostly interested in callback->offer delay

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:The recruiting manager, Robyn Steele, is a sweetheart and she'll give you the low-down on your interviewers.
Curious to know how you would have characterized the recruiter if he was a guy. Warm fuzzy bear?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:03 pm

someone on another thread already seems to have gotten an offer - mind posting your callback->offer lag? I have a boat load of callbacks scheduled after the Irell interview, most of them during flyback week - it would be amazing if I could get an Irell offer within 3-4 days.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:someone on another thread already seems to have gotten an offer - mind posting your callback->offer lag? I have a boat load of callbacks scheduled after the Irell interview, most of them during flyback week - it would be amazing if I could get an Irell offer within 3-4 days.
My turnaround was Thursday CB to Tuesday evening offer.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:12 pm

anybody got any other tips?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:01 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:someone on another thread already seems to have gotten an offer - mind posting your callback->offer lag? I have a boat load of callbacks scheduled after the Irell interview, most of them during flyback week - it would be amazing if I could get an Irell offer within 3-4 days.
My turnaround was Thursday CB to Tuesday evening offer.
I got an offer the evening of my callback.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:It will be a long day--Irell was my longest callback--so make sure to get a good night's rest the night before.
Good luck!
Always best to be prepared for the worst, but I found my CB to be pretty standard - met with 5 people (mostly associates), talked about the usual stuff (why LA, why Irell, my thesis, favorite 1L class, culture at Irell, questions from me), went to lunch. But I was told I had a good schedule at the beginning of the day and I have heard of people getting asked tough questions. Offer 2 days later.

Interested to see what you guys who have offers thought of Irell when you were there and if you're planning on taking your offers or what firms you're choosing between?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Offer today, CB earlier this week. CB was pretty standard and enjoyable. I still have GDC left to visit, but Irell is probably leading at this point. The culture was definitely a bit less fratty than some others I've been to; I think the bookish reputation of the firm is deserved. That said, the partners were very easy to talk to, very open/honest, and very likable. The associates varied a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”