3L Callback Question Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L Callback Question

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:24 pm

Ok, so, I posted anon in another thread about having this callback, but I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on how I should actually tackle the callback.

How do I convince a firm I have a callback with (V10), that I'm not just using them as a hedge against a possible no-offer from my 2L summer firm?

I have interviews with several other firms that I actually *am* using as a hedge against a no-offer (i.e., I would take my summer firm over these other firms, even though one of the other firms is, for example, Cravath). However, the firm that I have a callback with, I would probably turn down my summer gig for, due to practice area concerns and $$$.

Bankhead

Silver

Re: 3L Callback Question

Post by Bankhead » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:33 pm

Don't you think they are really just sort of accepting that you are (or might be) using them as a hedge? if they like you, they'll offer you regardless.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Bankhead wrote:Don't you think they are really just sort of accepting that you are (or might be) using them as a hedge? if they like you, they'll offer you regardless.
Honestly, I don't think so. This firm has a reputation for poaching 3Ls from other firms' summer classes at will, particularly for certain practice areas. I get the sense that they aren't interested in people who are hedging - their 3L hiring time-line is pre-OCI, so they don't want the people they're looking at to get offers from their 2L firms, back out, and then they're empty handed.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:20 pm

What firm are you talking about? And how are you going about contacting these firms?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”