Philadelphia biglaw Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Philadelphia biglaw

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:56 pm

I'm a 1L right around median at Chicago (only 2 grades out so far, and combined they're only worth about 13% of first-year grades, so I'm working harder this quarter and hoping for some improvement- but let's assume I stay around median).

1) What range of Philly firms should I be looking to bid on for OCI? I know bidding is a long way off but I do have good reasons for wanting to know now.
3) I don't think a lot of Chicago students bid on Philly firms (I could be wrong, it's just the impression I have). Will this be an advantage, or am I just going to be up against a ton of Penn/Temple/Nova students who might have more connections?

I guess that's it for now, thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Philadelphia biglaw

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:10 pm

I should add that I have very credible reasons for wanting philly firms (family etc).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:49 pm

bump? anyone?

ArtVandelay

Bronze

Post by ArtVandelay » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I should add that I have very credible reasons for wanting philly firms (family etc).
Does not compute.

anli

New

Post by anli » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:43 pm

You realize that many of the Philly biglaw firms have cut their 2L summer programs right? (Morgan Lewis, Ballard Spahr, etc.)

I've been talking to partners at a couple of firms and can discuss further via PM.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”