Trademark Law Questions Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
biglawhopeful88

New

Trademark Law Questions

Post by biglawhopeful88 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi,

I'm looking at other fields of law (just in case), and I was wondering if trademark law is a good field to get into. I know it falls under IP law, so I was wondering:

1. Do you have to have a background in engineering like you do for patent law? I'm guessing marketing may be useful for trademarks, but would something more "intellectual" like finance or accounting be fine as well?

2. Does prestige matter a whole lot in these areas like it does for biglaw? I somehow never do well on standardized testing, so I'm not sure if my LSAT will cut it for the T14, so in case the T14 doesn't work out, can you still do well in this field?

3. I hate to ask this, but is there an opportunity to make big money (to me, big is 150k+ after getting experience) in trademark law? I keep reading how people hate BigLaw, and if my summer job taught me anything, its that doing something you hate is not worth it no matter how much you earn, so I don't want to go into BigLaw and be miserable. I'm not expecting to earn as much in trademark as BigLaw, but are opportunities there if you're decent?

4. Finally, is the work in trademark law somewhat interesting? I know a lot of people complain about being a lawyer in general, but people seem to particularly hate BigLaw, so is trademark law any more interesting, or does it still blow?

thanks

mhd08

Bronze

Re: Trademark Law Questions

Post by mhd08 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:28 pm

Bump.

underdawg

Silver

Re: Trademark Law Questions

Post by underdawg » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:44 am

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”