California Western class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
cconnoll

New

California Western class of 2012

Post by cconnoll » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 am

Make some noise! Unless I'm the only future Cal Western 1L currently on TLS.com.....

cconnoll

New

Re: California Western class of 2012

Post by cconnoll » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:48 pm

cconnoll

New

Post by cconnoll » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:28 pm

....dismal

jenlavida

New

Post by jenlavida » Sun May 03, 2009 8:25 pm

2012! Summer Enrichment anyone?
I'm moving down to SD this month!

cconnoll

New

Post by cconnoll » Mon May 04, 2009 12:34 am

jenlavida wrote:2012! Summer Enrichment anyone?
I'm moving down to SD this month!

Im moving down June 15th for Summer Enrichment too!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:43 pm

Alright, since I have a feeling I'm going to end up there -- have yet to hear from Loyola/Chapman/Southwestern and at this point expecting rejections but want/need to stay local -- wooot!!! :lol:

I'm doing my best to be able to attend Summer Enrichment, so we will see!!
Do you guys have the schedule or know where I can access it? Thanks much!

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:44 pm

cconnoll wrote:....dismal
haha, aww...

cconnoll

New

Post by cconnoll » Mon May 04, 2009 3:33 pm

ria29 wrote:Alright, since I have a feeling I'm going to end up there -- have yet to hear from Loyola/Chapman/Southwestern and at this point expecting rejections but want/need to stay local -- wooot!!! :lol:

Call the admissions office. I did. They didnt give me alot of info on the Summer Enrichment program, other than it starts June 22nd and runs through August 2nd. I even tried to get the practice exams for the class lol but they told me I was crazy(if you pass the class with a high enough % your transcripts will read HP - honors pass...or so the admissions office said). .....Also have you checked out Southwestern yet? I know its supposedly a better school than CW, but the draconian style school/ its horrible locations scared the shit out of me. I could never ever see myself spending 3 years there.

cconnoll

New

Post by cconnoll » Mon May 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Anyone planning on doing Hypo's like PLS recommends?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Mon May 04, 2009 7:14 pm

cconnoll wrote:
ria29 wrote:Alright, since I have a feeling I'm going to end up there -- have yet to hear from Loyola/Chapman/Southwestern and at this point expecting rejections but want/need to stay local -- wooot!!! :lol:

Call the admissions office. I did. They didnt give me alot of info on the Summer Enrichment program, other than it starts June 22nd and runs through August 2nd. I even tried to get the practice exams for the class lol but they told me I was crazy(if you pass the class with a high enough % your transcripts will read HP - honors pass...or so the admissions office said). .....Also have you checked out Southwestern yet? I know its supposedly a better school than CW, but the draconian style school/ its horrible locations scared the shit out of me. I could never ever see myself spending 3 years there.
LOL. I'm an LA/OC girl so Southwestern and its location doesn't scare me much... I'm still waiting to hear from them though :(
*I also have to point out that I'm NOT your typical LA/OC girl, haha, just so we make that clear :mrgreen:

cconnoll

New

Post by cconnoll » Mon May 04, 2009 7:52 pm

ria29 wrote:
cconnoll wrote:

LOL. I'm an LA/OC girl so Southwestern and its location doesn't scare me much... I'm still waiting to hear from them though :(
*I also have to point out that I'm NOT your typical LA/OC girl, haha, just so we make that clear :mrgreen:

LoL I may be a complete Oregonian N3wb, but the OC does not seem even remotely similar to Wilshire Blvd and Southwestern....am I crazy? I havnt heard alot of negatives about Southwesterns shitty location/ horrendously ugly law school....

**Typicall LA/OC girl? Im picturing The Hills, OC, Lo and Spidey haha.. On par?

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:26 pm

cconnoll wrote:

LoL I may be a complete Oregonian N3wb, but the OC does not seem even remotely similar to Wilshire Blvd and Southwestern....am I crazy? I havnt heard alot of negatives about Southwesterns shitty location/ horrendously ugly law school....

**Typicall LA/OC girl? Im picturing The Hills, OC, Lo and Spidey haha.. On par?
You are right... OC is a totally different world from Wilshire. South OC at least... there are definitely parts of northern OC that in many ways resemble Wilshire/various parts of LA, just a lot less high rises and somewhat less crime -- I grew up in both areas so I can definitely outline the differences and vouch that "the OC" is sooo not entirely what you see on TV. As for LA, I love LA... (sometimes, and only SOMETIMES, even the traffic)... I also have family and friends that used to/still live around Wilshire and I don't know, call me crazy, but I think a lot about the place adds character. And you know what they say about really shady/sketchy places in big cities -- REALLY GOOD FOOD!!! at least I think so ;)

Uhh... I'm definitely not a Lo... and I think she's far from being the worst of them all :roll:

Bhpreppy

New

Post by Bhpreppy » Tue May 05, 2009 1:56 pm

I think we should make a private facebook group so we can represent for class of 2012. Anyone down to take care of this?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Bhpreppy wrote:I think we should make a private facebook group so we can represent for class of 2012. Anyone down to take care of this?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 10&t=70890 :lol:

cconnoll

New

Post by cconnoll » Tue May 05, 2009 2:45 pm

Bhpreppy wrote:I think we should make a private facebook group so we can represent for class of 2012. Anyone down to take care of this?

I will tinker-around with it later on today. Im kind of a Facebook newb, but I think I can handly it. Ria29, you gotta re-up your account on facebook so that you can join the class of 2012!

ria29

New

Post by ria29 » Wed May 13, 2009 4:27 am

anyone going to Preview Day this Saturday?

cconnoll

New

Post by cconnoll » Wed May 13, 2009 11:07 am

I wish I could. Im still finishing up my under-grad @ UofO. Let us know how its like future classmate!

Bhpreppy

New

Post by Bhpreppy » Wed May 13, 2009 2:26 pm

ria29 wrote:anyone going to Preview Day this Saturday?

I went to the one last month, but I think I'll go to this one too. I still have some questions.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”