St. John's Class of 2012

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
Locked
Dark Prince

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Dark Prince » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Anyone here going to St. John's in August? :D

User avatar
VictoryFord

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by VictoryFord » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:06 pm

yes. I look forward to seeing you Mr. Dark Prince. a/s/l. I think we will have some fun in Jamaica!

sbalterman

New
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:24 am

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by sbalterman » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:28 am

Yesss the kid is 99% almost officially in (Unless Fordham waitlist actually comes through). Leavin Beantown and coming back to NY. Sick.

olesya154

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olesya154 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:48 pm

I drove by the beautiful campus a couple of days ago and almost cried :cry: That's how much I want to join you guys this fall.

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:33 am

olesya154 wrote:I drove by the beautiful campus a couple of days ago and almost cried :cry: That's how much I want to join you guys this fall.


LoL SJU has a beautiful campus?

You should take an online tour of Cornell.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


olesya154

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olesya154 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:49 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
olesya154 wrote:I drove by the beautiful campus a couple of days ago and almost cried :cry: That's how much I want to join you guys this fall.


LoL SJU has a beautiful campus?

You should take an online tour of Cornell.


Well, since I am not applying to Cornell why would I want to look at their campus? :D

iamlife1001

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by iamlife1001 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:54 am

olesya154 wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
olesya154 wrote:I drove by the beautiful campus a couple of days ago and almost cried :cry: That's how much I want to join you guys this fall.


LoL SJU has a beautiful campus?

You should take an online tour of Cornell.


Well, since I am not applying to Cornell why would I want to look at their campus? :D


well how about an online tour of Oxford, now that is an amazing campus (btw - never seen it)

I went to st johns for UG and the campus is nice, especially in the spring when you can really enjoy it. However bear in mind , especially the UG, is really a commuter school.

olesya154

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olesya154 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:46 am

iamlife1001 wrote:
olesya154 wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
olesya154 wrote:I drove by the beautiful campus a couple of days ago and almost cried :cry: That's how much I want to join you guys this fall.


LoL SJU has a beautiful campus?

You should take an online tour of Cornell.


Well, since I am not applying to Cornell why would I want to look at their campus? :D


well how about an online tour of Oxford, now that is an amazing campus (btw - never seen it)

I went to st johns for UG and the campus is nice, especially in the spring when you can really enjoy it. However bear in mind , especially the UG, is really a commuter school.


Agreed! This school is perfect for me since I live just a short-drive distance away in Forest Hills. St. John's pleeease take meeee!!! :lol:

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:54 am

olesya154 wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
olesya154 wrote:I drove by the beautiful campus a couple of days ago and almost cried :cry: That's how much I want to join you guys this fall.


LoL SJU has a beautiful campus?

You should take an online tour of Cornell.


Well, since I am not applying to Cornell why would I want to look at their campus? :D


Eh to give you a true sense of beauty.

SJU is just a big piece of grass. Once you get passed the great lawn, there really isn't that much else to see.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


olesya154

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olesya154 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:29 pm

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
olesya154 wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
olesya154 wrote:I drove by the beautiful campus a couple of days ago and almost cried :cry: That's how much I want to join you guys this fall.


LoL SJU has a beautiful campus?

You should take an online tour of Cornell.


Well, since I am not applying to Cornell why would I want to look at their campus? :D


Eh to give you a true sense of beauty.

SJU is just a big piece of grass. Once you get passed the great lawn, there really isn't that much else to see.


Well thank you very much for that :roll:

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Eh just trying to give you a sense of the campus since a "drive by" can only tell you so much.

Plus you usually don't leave the law school building if you go to law school there [food is so much better than the UG food and the library is not half bad].

olesya154

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olesya154 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:44 pm

Just because I mentioned driving by the school the other day does not mean that I have never visited the campus before...

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:37 pm

olesya154 wrote:Just because I mentioned driving by the school the other day does not mean that I have never visited the campus before...


Unlike you, I don't make assumptions.

Good luck with St. John's

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Dark Prince

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Dark Prince » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:55 pm

The campus is nice, let's hope the quality of instruction is just as nice if not nicer. The only problem is that it's not close to any subway stations, so even from where I live in Forest Hills, it'll take me around 40 minutes.

BTW, are any of you guys coming to the Admitted Students Day on March 28? :D

olesya154

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olesya154 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:09 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:
olesya154 wrote:Just because I mentioned driving by the school the other day does not mean that I have never visited the campus before...


Unlike you, I don't make assumptions.

Good luck with St. John's


You are soooo weird.... :?

ResIpsaLoquitur

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:07 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by ResIpsaLoquitur » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:52 am

Already committed to BLS, but Im going to vent about SJU. I went complete in November. Still no response. I wanna go and demand my money back and/or a decision pls!!!!
Congrats to all of you who got in and are going to SJU!

olesya154

New
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by olesya154 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:03 am

ResIpsaLoquitur wrote:Already committed to BLS, but Im going to vent about SJU. I went complete in November. Still no response. I wanna go and demand my money back and/or a decision pls!!!!
Congrats to all of you who got in and are going to SJU!


Congrats on BLS! I am sure St. John's will get back to you by the start of the school year :lol:

I have also been waiting since mid-November... :(

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...


User avatar
js87

Bronze
Posts: 433
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:42 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by js87 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:12 am

Anyone planning on living in campus owned housing? I think it's a few blocks from the school.

Also, do you think I'd need a car?

Dark Prince

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Dark Prince » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:56 pm

If you live in Brooklyn, then you'll def. need a car. If you live in Queens or Manhattan then probably not. I live in Forest Hills, so I'll be taking the train and the bus.

User avatar
VictoryFord

New
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:19 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by VictoryFord » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:30 pm

you need a car less living in brooklyn :shock: . if you live in jamaica estates a car is more necessary.

Dark Prince

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by Dark Prince » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:30 am

Have you ever tried getting from Brooklyn to Jamaica Estates? Good luck with that...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!


iamlife1001

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by iamlife1001 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:39 am

olesya154 wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:
olesya154 wrote:Just because I mentioned driving by the school the other day does not mean that I have never visited the campus before...


Unlike you, I don't make assumptions.

Good luck with St. John's


You are soooo weird.... :?


Needless to say the quality of the UG (as shown by MSFly) is quite low.
BTW soofly, you made assumptions when you suggested she check out the Cornell campus

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy

Bronze
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by MrSoOoFLy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:32 am

UG can't be that bad if SJL is a safety and last resort

iamlife1001

New
Posts: 87
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:46 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by iamlife1001 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:00 am

MrSoOoFLy wrote:UG can't be that bad if SJL is a safety and last resort


Correlation =/= causation
It is the second time I've seen you tout the fact that sjl is your safety to people who are happy to go there. This says nothing about sjl or sj ug, and just shows you to be a sad prick.
Lastly, don't your #s alone make sjl a reach for you

casper00

New
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 pm

Re: St. John's Class of 2012

Post by casper00 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:02 pm

iamlife1001 wrote:
MrSoOoFLy wrote:UG can't be that bad if SJL is a safety and last resort


Correlation =/= causation
It is the second time I've seen you tout the fact that sjl is your safety to people who are happy to go there. This says nothing about sjl or sj ug, and just shows you to be a sad prick.
Lastly, don't your #s alone make sjl a reach for you

I don't understand why someone would shell out the cash for SJ UG when Queens College a few minutes away is just as good (if not better) and costs maybe 1/10 as much, if even.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!


Locked

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”