THE Boston College class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
dark

New

Re: THE Boston College class of 2012

Post by dark » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:40 pm

I'm in, with nothing but stafford loans to help defray the massive cost. I just found out I'm in at BU as well. Before finding out about BU I was pretty sure I'd do BC... but now ... its agonizing decision time! :D

calizner

New

Post by calizner » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:58 pm

kiwislug wrote:BC was my first choice when I was an "applying to ls noob" and didn't know about the rankings. I still really want to go and probably will but there is still that little voice in the back of my head telling me I'd be stupid to pass up X school if I got in. :?
Me too. I keep thinking I'd be crazy to go to BC over UCLA and scholarship $$ at GWU... but I still really want to go. :?

mickeymousewatch

New

Post by mickeymousewatch » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:13 pm

im leaning towards BC. i got into ND. still waiting on some more but definately leaning towards BC at this point.

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:54 pm

mickeymousewatch wrote:im leaning towards BC. i got into ND. still waiting on some more but definately leaning towards BC at this point.
What makes you prefer BC over ND?

mickeymousewatch

New

Post by mickeymousewatch » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:18 am

Nd's n bc's employment prospects seem comparable in terms of big law. But I'm from nj/ny so the fact that nd is in indiana isnt too appealing to me personally even tho its a great school. I have yet to visit either tho (I got accepted to both of them on the same day yesterday). Nd gave me 14k... Hoping bc will give me some money too. In my mind at this pt I feel like their reputations n quality r similar. So I'm taking geography more heavily into account. Someone plz correct me if my line of thinking is way off. Also sorry for the grammar. Typing from a bb n not revising

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:19 pm

what'd you guys think of the ASD?

tjb

New

Post by tjb » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:57 pm

theskippa10 wrote:what'd you guys think of the ASD?
I had an amazing time! I sat next to Dean Garvey during the luncheon & he kept telling me that he went to nerd camp at my alma mater. The students were really helpful with my questions & it was a well-organized ASD. I think I'm going to submit my deposit tomorrow. It just felt like the right school for me.

atmorris0

New

Post by atmorris0 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:08 pm

Anybody deciding between Boston College and Washington and Lee, both with money but less money at BC?

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:59 pm

tjb wrote:
I had an amazing time! I sat next to Dean Garvey during the luncheon & he kept telling me that he went to nerd camp at my alma mater. The students were really helpful with my questions & it was a well-organized ASD. I think I'm going to submit my deposit tomorrow. It just felt like the right school for me.

Nice I am too. I'm from around Boston, so if you need help finding your way around or where to look for housing or anything, let me know

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

tjb

New

Post by tjb » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:12 pm

theskippa10 wrote:
tjb wrote:

Nice I am too. I'm from around Boston, so if you need help finding your way around or where to look for housing or anything, let me know
I heard to look for housing around the Brighton area because I can easily take the shuttle bus to class everyday (I don't have a car). Do you think that's the best bet? (thanks for your help!). I'm going to start looking on BC's off-campus housing page, but any other websites that you might recommend?

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:23 pm

there's a ton of boston reality websites, just google a few. Stay in brighton/allston and get as closr to the B line of the Green line as you can. If you can't get too close to the b, just make sure it's somewhere near the green, where is a pretty big line

rlf

New

Post by rlf » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:13 am

theskippa10 wrote:there's a ton of boston reality websites, just google a few. Stay in brighton/allston and get as closr to the B line of the Green line as you can. If you can't get too close to the b, just make sure it's somewhere near the green, where is a pretty big line
That's where I'm hoping to live- when do you think I should start looking? At the ASD, a few people mentioned that a lot of students go to the grad off-campus housing fair in June, meet roommate(s) there, and then find an apartment...but that does sound kind of late to me. Anyone planning on going to that? I'm from California so it's not exactly easy to do a lot of apartment-hunting on my own (and I'd also MUCH rather get a bigger apartment with roommates than get a studio or 1br by myself).

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:33 am

Am I the only person who's considering grad housing? Seems like it would make things much simpler for me, since I can't do apartment-hunting in person. I wonder if the housing is any good though...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:34 am

atmorris0 wrote:Anybody deciding between Boston College and Washington and Lee, both with money but less money at BC?
No, but I'm deciding between Boston College and William & Mary (with W&M as the cheaper option)... It's a tough call. :?

theskippa10

Bronze

Post by theskippa10 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:06 am

It's hard to get an 8/1 move in date in Boston. The majority are 9/1s, and June/July 1/15s. So if you do the housing fair, i'd be prepared to move in within in two weeks of that date.

Personally, I'm gonna start looking in may

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:04 pm

atmorris0 wrote:Anybody deciding between Boston College and Washington and Lee, both with money but less money at BC?
yea that is exactly me. i got 10k from bc and 20k from w&l. i think im gonna try to negotiate :?

rlf

New

Post by rlf » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:31 pm

galahad85 wrote:Am I the only person who's considering grad housing? Seems like it would make things much simpler for me, since I can't do apartment-hunting in person. I wonder if the housing is any good though...
I've heard the grad housing is too expensive for what you're getting, that you could find a much better apartment for cheaper if you did it on your own.

I realize it might be a bit early, since it seems that a lot of people on here are still undecided, but anyone looking for a roommate? I'm looking to live with someone- or more than one person- (preferably female) who is relatively clean, laid back, and knows when to take a break from work to have a little fun. PM me if you're interested!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:35 pm

where is this law validation form they need for financial aid? how come they have no info on grad plus loans?

and is this the address we send to?
Boston College
Financial Aid
Processing Center
P.O. Box 489
Randolph, MA 02368
800/294-0294

HesperusPhosphorus

New

Post by HesperusPhosphorus » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:26 pm

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:where is this law validation form they need for financial aid? how come they have no info on grad plus loans?

and is this the address we send to?
Boston College
Financial Aid
Processing Center
P.O. Box 489
Randolph, MA 02368
800/294-0294
http://www.bc.edu/offices/stserv/forms.html#fin for the law validation form. That's the correct address.

yup

New

Post by yup » Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:57 pm

Hey everyone--just chiming in as another "almost definitely BC" person. Barring an unforeseen change of heart, I'll be sending a deposit in shortly.

Grew up in the Boston area, liked what I saw on the admitted student day, and excited to get back up there.

etudiantededroit

New

Post by etudiantededroit » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:18 am

yup wrote:Hey everyone--just chiming in as another "almost definitely BC" person. Barring an unforeseen change of heart, I'll be sending a deposit in shortly.

Grew up in the Boston area, liked what I saw on the admitted student day, and excited to get back up there.
Same here!
Last edited by etudiantededroit on Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ilovelamp

New

Post by ilovelamp » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:59 am

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF wrote:how come they have no info on grad plus loans?
+1

Anybody know?

galahad85

Bronze

Post by galahad85 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:54 am

ilovelamp wrote:
+1

Anybody know?
Probably because those aren't considered "awards."

ilovelamp

New

Post by ilovelamp » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:57 pm

galahad85 wrote:
ilovelamp wrote:
+1

Anybody know?
Probably because those aren't considered "awards."
Good call. And as it turns out, you're right!

I went ahead and called BC about it to see what was up, and they said they don't list Grad PLUS info on Agora. They will be emailing out instructions on how to apply for those loans later.

Also... for anyone who was wondering, they're still not done giving out merit awards yet.

SpAcEmAn SpLiFF

Bronze

Post by SpAcEmAn SpLiFF » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:42 am

just renegotiated and weaseled an extra $5k a year. bc's looking like a sure thing at this point...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”