Chicago Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
lilybbloom

Bronze

Re: Chicago Class of 2012

Post by lilybbloom » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:15 am

deadbeat wrote:I'm also wondering- does Regents have built in shelves in the closets?

yup

Dead Ringer

Bronze

Post by Dead Ringer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:00 am

Ugh, both my UG's screwed up sending transcripts. In one office the lady found my written request (done and mailed correctly) that has apparently been lying around for three weeks. At my other an online request hadn't gone out two and a half weeks later, even though it said two days to process and send in the confirmation I received. A bit ashamed to have roundly abused staff at both offices but I was in a rage when I got an e-mail from U Chicago about it.

Did anyone else not get theirs in yet and are they worried about it?

lucydog

New

Post by lucydog » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:08 am

Dead Ringer wrote:Ugh, both my UG's screwed up sending transcripts. In one office the lady found my written request (done and mailed correctly) that has apparently been lying around for three weeks. At my other an online request hadn't gone out two and a half weeks later, even though it said two days to process and send in the confirmation I received. A bit ashamed to have roundly abused staff at both offices but I was in a rage when I got an e-mail from U Chicago about it.

Did anyone else not get theirs in yet and are they worried about it?
When I was applying I had to put in three requests for my UG to send my transcript to Cornell. I actually withdrew from Cornell before my transcripts arrived there.

ryan1234

New

Post by ryan1234 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:19 am

My UG didn't send my transcripts either.... I'm going to try to deal with it tomorrow.

I'm not too worried about it. What are they going to do? Kick us out of the law school for have transcripts that arrived late? We're all taking the same stuff this quarter, so it's not like we need to register early to get into the really in demand classes!

pehaigllleises

Bronze

Post by pehaigllleises » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:25 am

I also got the email because my UG only mailed my transcript Thursday...because I forgot to request it until Wednesday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yointer

New

Post by Yointer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:02 am

RussianGirl wrote:QQ: are there plugs by every seat in the classrooms and in the library?
Yes, there are plugs galore in the classrooms and in the library. The only time you'll be running off of batteries is in the Green Lounge (which has a few plugs, but not enough for everyone) and when one of your friends forgets his cord and you have to share one.

Mr. T6

Bronze

Post by Mr. T6 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:51 am

Back in New Grad. 349. Feel free to stop by.

Dead Ringer

Bronze

Post by Dead Ringer » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:47 pm

pehaigllleises wrote:I also got the email because my UG only mailed my transcript Thursday...because I forgot to request it until Wednesday.
Haha, this would be my usual MO. I'm toddling over to the UPS store to fax my perkins loan reference form right now...

RussianGirl

New

Post by RussianGirl » Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:24 am

lucydog wrote: Get the Lenovo. I have one and can vouch for the build quality. The keyboards in the Thinkpad series are better than any other laptop I have seen so far.

Unless you are actively trying to avoid power outlets or flying from Seattle to Miami, you will probably never need battery life greater than 4 hours.
Yointer wrote: Yes, there are plugs galore in the classrooms and in the library. The only time you'll be running off of batteries is in the Green Lounge (which has a few plugs, but not enough for everyone) and when one of your friends forgets his cord and you have to share one.
Thanks! :)
Last edited by RussianGirl on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

usaojeff

New

Post by usaojeff » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:55 am

What's the name/link for that craig's list-type directory for law students? I thought I remember seeing someone comment on how great this was (if only to ge bed materials). I will soon be moving in to Regents and would love to pick up some cheap secondhand stuff.

P.s. Can't wait to meet you all!!!

lilybbloom

Bronze

Post by lilybbloom » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:58 am

usaojeff wrote:What's the name/link for that craig's list-type directory for law students? I thought I remember seeing someone comment on how great this was (if only to ge bed materials). I will soon be moving in to Regents and would love to pick up some cheap secondhand stuff.

P.s. Can't wait to meet you all!!!
marketplace.uchicago.edu

Triager

New

Post by Triager » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:45 pm

Moving into Regents next week and trying to figure out what to do about furniture. Want to buy a mix of used and new items. For the new items, is it easy to get to places like IKEA and Target via public transportation (not bringing a car)?

lucydog

New

Post by lucydog » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:09 pm

Triager wrote:Moving into Regents next week and trying to figure out what to do about furniture. Want to buy a mix of used and new items. For the new items, is it easy to get to places like IKEA and Target via public transportation (not bringing a car)?
For Ikea: Probably not. I think that Ikea is either located in the NW suburbs (Schaumburg) or SW (Bolingbrook) and both locations would be a real pain to get to via public transit. If you decide to rent a moving truck, I would go up to NW suburbs because there is crap load of shopping in that area.

Target: Yes. There is one in the shouth loop on Roosevelt near all the museums.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Triager

New

Post by Triager » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:14 pm

lucydog wrote:
Triager wrote:Moving into Regents next week and trying to figure out what to do about furniture. Want to buy a mix of used and new items. For the new items, is it easy to get to places like IKEA and Target via public transportation (not bringing a car)?
For Ikea: Probably not. I think that Ikea is either located in the NW suburbs (Schaumburg) or SW (Bolingbrook) and both locations would be a real pain to get to via public transit. If you decide to rent a moving truck, I would go up to NW suburbs because there is crap load of shopping in that area.

Target: Yes. There is one in the shouth loop on Roosevelt near all the museums.
Thanks lucydog! I'll check out that Target.

vealoscar

New

Post by vealoscar » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:37 pm

Getting settled in Hyde Park and really loving it. Would love to meet some people, though. If anyone needs a ride out of Hyde Park to get some stuff for their place, I'd be happy to give them a ride because I need plenty of stuff. Send me a PM.

usaojeff

New

Post by usaojeff » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:02 pm

Hey everyone! Just moved into Regents today. Looking for
friends. PM me for my contact info or just lemme know the next time you
guys all hang out and I'd love to meet up.

Triager

New

Post by Triager » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:21 am

Moving into Regents this weekend. Would like to meet people, too.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:34 am

I'll be going downtown either today or tomorrow. If anyone's interested in meeting up, feel free to pm me. I'd like to meet more of my future classmates.

Raz14

New

Post by Raz14 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:54 pm

Two more questions:

1. For those of you who have moved into Regents already, how flexible is service elevator use? I highly doubt I'll be able to get all of my furniture delivered in a 2 hour block.

2. Do you guys know of any sports bars in Hyde Park (or, if not, downtown) that show all of the NFL games?

keylimelove

New

Post by keylimelove » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Raz14 wrote:Two more questions:

1. For those of you who have moved into Regents already, how flexible is service elevator use? I highly doubt I'll be able to get all of my furniture delivered in a 2 hour block.
I just e-mailed Krista asking her about this. When she gets back to me I'll post whatever she says.

usaojeff

New

Post by usaojeff » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:54 pm

Krista seems pretty stressed or at least busy with all the new move-ins. I used the freight elevator as much as I wanted with no problems. They might even be able to rig a regular elevator with wall padding so you might be able to use it as a freight elevator.

As for bars, I know of one from my last visit to HP. But it only had like 1 TV so I doubt it would be good for NFL Sundays (or, better yet, NCAA Saturdays). I'll keep my eyes open though!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

inquirewithin

New

Post by inquirewithin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:11 pm

Apparently they've already chosen the new Dean. Interesting selection. What are everyone's thoughts?

http://leiterlawschool.typepad.com/leit ... chool.html

jigga-hjalmar

New

Post by jigga-hjalmar » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Where is Levmore going?

Raz14

New

Post by Raz14 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:20 pm

jigga-hjalmar wrote:Where is Levmore going?
Nowhere as far as I know. He's just stepping down as Dean.

Raz14

New

Post by Raz14 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:20 pm

usaojeff wrote:Krista seems pretty stressed or at least busy with all the new move-ins. I used the freight elevator as much as I wanted with no problems. They might even be able to rig a regular elevator with wall padding so you might be able to use it as a freight elevator.

As for bars, I know of one from my last visit to HP. But it only had like 1 TV so I doubt it would be good for NFL Sundays (or, better yet, NCAA Saturdays). I'll keep my eyes open though!
Gotcha. Thanks for the info!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”