Cornell Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
hokoelc

New

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by hokoelc » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:05 pm

panda wrote:so...is anyone here attending cornell at sticker price??
I am too... I'm not eligible for any grants or loans. Whatever, I figure it's worth it! I did search for apartments like a madwoman to find the best deal though, and thankfully I think I got a great deal on that front.

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:45 pm

all i will say is .... phew..

and i will be accepting any handouts.. food or otherwise.. throughout the next three years
:lol:

studymaster

New

Post by studymaster » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:55 pm

panda wrote:all i will say is .... phew..

and i will be accepting any handouts.. food or otherwise.. throughout the next three years
I've heard the place to go for poor law students is the free food at speakign events ;) If they've got pizza I'll meet ya there

Kinda funny the students give you that tip in advance

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:57 pm

studymaster wrote:

I've heard the place to go for poor law students is the free food at speakign events ;) If they've got pizza I'll meet ya there

haha! true! during the ASW, the 2L who gave my group the tour said to us "if you're smart, you'll be able to eat for free for most of your 3 years here...it's all about crashing the events.."
so...i guess we have a new strategy!

CLMoose8

New

Post by CLMoose8 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:02 pm

studymaster wrote:

if the spread they laid out for the ASW was any indication it shouldnt be a problem. maybe i have lowered expectations from going to a state school for four years, but they had some damn tasty sandwiches.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

danielfgator

Bronze

Post by danielfgator » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:05 pm

CLMoose8 wrote:
studymaster wrote:

if the spread they laid out for the ASW was any indication it shouldnt be a problem. maybe i have lowered expectations from going to a state school for four years, but they had some damn tasty sandwiches.
+1 to both, going to the state school and for the tasty sandwiches. :D

vtha

New

Post by vtha » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:07 pm

agreed on the taking handouts business for the next three years

fsohn

Bronze

Post by fsohn » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:17 pm

The emails about events get increasingly shameless as the semester wears on. When groups know that hungry, sleep-deprived student are hunched over their laptops working on outlines, all it takes is a mention of "free pizza" or "free thai" and there's a good showing for even the most boring speaker.

vtha

New

Post by vtha » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:58 pm

fsohn wrote:The emails about events get increasingly shameless as the semester wears on. When groups know that hungry, sleep-deprived student are hunched over their laptops working on outlines, all it takes is a mention of "free pizza" or "free thai" and there's a good showing for even the most boring speaker.

Well I promise to be one of those ppl supporting the boring speaker while eating my free thai

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:13 am

vtha wrote:
fsohn wrote:The emails about events get increasingly shameless as the semester wears on. When groups know that hungry, sleep-deprived student are hunched over their laptops working on outlines, all it takes is a mention of "free pizza" or "free thai" and there's a good showing for even the most boring speaker.

Well I promise to be one of those ppl supporting the boring speaker while eating my free thai
+1

Bronze

Post by 18488 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:08 am

not to mention all the "pizza in the kitchen" emails that draw instant swarms. if i get the email and see the timestamp is from more than five minutes earlier, i don't even bother to go, b/c i know all the pizza will be gone.

treschic

New

Post by treschic » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:44 am

New question...is anybody planning on studying abroad or knows more about the programs?

como

Silver

Post by como » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:08 am

treschic wrote:New question...is anybody planning on studying abroad or knows more about the programs?
I want to do UCL for a semester in London, but that will probably be 3L or something...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

vtha

New

Post by vtha » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:04 am

I relaly want to do a summer in paris...

P.S. Como I saw you on facebook. At least we can see your face in that pic.

como

Silver

Post by como » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:08 am

I want to go to Paris too, but only if I can't hook up a decent gig that summer.

FWIW, I've posted tons of pics on TLS :wink:

vtha

New

Post by vtha » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:09 am

como wrote:I want to go to Paris too, but only if I can't hook up a decent gig that summer.

FWIW, I've posted tons of pics on TLS :wink:

lol i was thinking the exact same thing

missv463

New

Post by missv463 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:14 am

hokoelc wrote:
I am too... I'm not eligible for any grants or loans. Whatever, I figure it's worth it! I did search for apartments like a madwoman to find the best deal though, and thankfully I think I got a great deal on that front.

I'm attending at sticker price... no love from Cornell in terms of grants, so I'll be paying with loans. Housing was a little expensive, but I'm in a new building, so I can't complain.

And yes, I'll be going to all the events with free food LoL

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

missv463

New

Post by missv463 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:16 am

i want to do a semester or summer abroad, too, but i don't know how that will fit with all the courses and externships/clinics i want to take advantage of :shock:
Last edited by missv463 on Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

como

Silver

Post by como » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:17 am

missv463 wrote:
hokoelc wrote:

I'm attending at sticker price... no love from Cornell in terms of grants, so I'll be paying with loans. Housing was a little expensive, but I'm in a new building, so I can't complain.

Are you living in Ctown?

missv463

New

Post by missv463 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:18 am

como wrote:
missv463 wrote:
hokoelc wrote:

Are you living in Ctown?
Yes sir, I'm living in Casa Roma this year (lower Ctown)

vtha

New

Post by vtha » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:19 am

missv463 wrote:i want to do a semester or summer abroad, too, but i don't know how that will fit with all the courses and externships/clinics i want to take advantage of :shock:

major downside of cornell there is so much cool stuff to do. :( damn them for being so good.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

studymaster

New

Post by studymaster » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:04 am

treschic wrote:New question...is anybody planning on studying abroad or knows more about the programs?
I will certainly be spending a semester abroad. To be honest I was bummed that they have stopped letting you study abroad for two semesters... SO it will most likely come down to a semester in China (and possibly my first summer, if I'm not very lucky on the job search)

vtha

New

Post by vtha » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:13 am

new question. considering that I am super bored at work right now. Has anyone thought about what laptop they are going to buy?

como

Silver

Post by como » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 am

vtha wrote:new question. considering that I am super bored at work right now. Has anyone thought about what laptop they are going to buy?
New macbook. I'm waiting for my netid though, because Cornell has really good institutional deals on macs. Also, they sell Office for like 76 bucks through the cornell store. That is sick!

schlam

New

Post by schlam » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:17 am

vtha wrote:new question. considering that I am super bored at work right now. Has anyone thought about what laptop they are going to buy?
i'm considering the macbook air since i'll be lugging it around so much.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”