Cornell Class of 2012 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2012)
sheltron5000

Bronze

Re: Cornell Class of 2012

Post by sheltron5000 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:12 pm

spike wrote:It's true: bunny ears still help to receive the signal. But screw bunny ears, I was just going to use a paper clip! It actually works. :lol:
I was leaning more towards a home made antenna, but yeah, a paperclip may have been involved early on... ;)
como wrote:
Alright, everyone. I'm trying to get an idea of who is down for sailing in the day/evening out on the town on Aug 20th. I can't legally have more than 8 out on the boat, due to life jacket requirements, so I am pretty much limited to seven people. I guess the first seven to commit have a seat saved. We can do dinner at Maxie's afterwards, or, if anyone is willing to host (my apt. is probably too small), we could do a potluck or something. Let me know. I'll save you a seat on the boat if you want.

Backup date in the event of rain/lack of wind: August 21st.
:dives for last seat:: ::misses:: ::enjoys swimming in the lake::

mbw

Bronze

Post by mbw » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, my mail just arrived from Maine, and I received the diversity orientation invite as well. Funny to get a stipend to attend when I'm already here - but seeing that I never applied for a visit reimbursement, I guess it all balances out. ;)

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:48 am

Como, way to kill the thread by suggesting plans for actual real life contact.

Jeez.

como

Silver

Post by como » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:03 am

Other25BeforeYou wrote:Como, way to kill the thread by suggesting plans for actual real life contact.

Jeez.
Heh, I know :? We'll all soon find out each other's RL identities soon enough anyway. Are you in, Other25?

edit: I should probably emphasize that people who want to come may bring a friend/SO/whatever. Put a +1/2/whatever next to your name if you want to come and are bringing someone else.
Last edited by como on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

stayingclassy

New

Post by stayingclassy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:05 am

This sounds really cool, Como, but I'm not sure when I'll be in Ithaca yet, so I can't commit. I'm looking forward to meeting all of you though!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:15 am

como wrote:
Other25BeforeYou wrote:Como, way to kill the thread by suggesting plans for actual real life contact.

Jeez.
Heh, I know :? We'll all soon find out our RL identities soon enough anyway. Are you in, Other25?

edit: I should probably emphasize that people who want to come may bring a friend/SO/whatever. Put a +1/2/whatever next to your name if you want to come and are bringing someone else.
Sure, I'm in. Can I have a tentative +1? I can let you know within a few days if I will in fact have a friend with me at that point or not.

We could go to my place afterward, but there's a good chance I won't have a couch yet.
Last edited by Other25BeforeYou on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

como

Silver

Post by como » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:17 am

Other25BeforeYou wrote:
como wrote:

Jeez.
Heh, I know :? We'll all soon find out our RL identities soon enough anyway. Are you in, Other25?

Sure, I'm in. Can I have a tentative +1? I can let you know within a few days if I will in fact have a friend with me.

We could go to my place afterward, but there's a good chance I won't have a couch yet at that point.
I put you up. We can always figure out later what we should all do in the evening.
Last edited by como on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:25 am

como wrote:
Other25BeforeYou wrote:
como wrote:

Jeez.

Sure, I'm in. Can I have a tentative +1? I can let you know within a few days if I will in fact have a friend with me at the point or not.

We could go to my place afterward, but there's a good chance I won't have a couch yet at that point.
I put you up. We can always figure out later what we should all do in the evening.
Agh, you quoted me before I could edit my overuse of "at that point." Damn you and your speedy responses!

como

Silver

Post by como » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:26 am

LOL, I'll edit your quote for you 8) And I wouldn't reply so speedily if I had more to do at work :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:44 am

But you edited it the opposite of how I edited the original post I messed up in. In which I messed up? I should just never write anything again, ever.

stayingclassy

New

Post by stayingclassy » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am

Is it August yet?

como

Silver

Post by como » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:49 am

Other25BeforeYou wrote:But you edited it the opposite of how I edited the original post I messed up in. In which I messed up? I should just never write anything again, ever.
Wow.... I fail. I guess this should all make you feel better about the curve.

mr.smurf

New

Post by mr.smurf » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:25 pm

Late update - officially committed. Thanks, other25: mind adding me to the list?
I'll be headed to the diversity orientation too. Can't wait to start.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

spike

New

Post by spike » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:03 pm

FYI - I just received the loan email from Karla.

Having to sign a promissory note (and taking stock of the amount) makes accepting these loans much less abstract. :shock:

sheltron5000

Bronze

Post by sheltron5000 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:14 pm

spike wrote:FYI - I just received the loan email from Karla.

Having to sign a promissory note (and taking stock of the amount) makes accepting these loans much less abstract. :shock:
Did everyone get the welcome to the class of 2011 email? or am I on an accelerated track? ;)

spike

New

Post by spike » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:20 pm

sheltron5000 wrote: Did everyone get the welcome to the class of 2011 email? or am I on an accelerated track? ;)
Haha! I totally missed that. Too funny.

mr.smurf

New

Post by mr.smurf » Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:22 pm

spike wrote:
sheltron5000 wrote: Did everyone get the welcome to the class of 2011 email? or am I on an accelerated track? ;)
Haha! I totally missed that. Too funny.
Haha yeah got the same e-mail.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:18 pm

got the email too.. i thought i got sent the wrong email at first because of the typo..hah..
and yes, spike, :shock: is tcr..

oh, and como, i would love to rsvp..but i too have no idea when im gonna be in ithaca..don't wanna back out last minute..but i'm assuming there will be more than one boating opportunity..? ;)

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:02 pm

mr.smurf wrote:Late update - officially committed. Thanks, other25: mind adding me to the list?
I'll be headed to the diversity orientation too. Can't wait to start.
Done and done.

Does anyone else know when they're moving to Ithaca? I'm moving in August 1st and am hoping there will be some people around to hang out with for the weeks before we start.

ddp

New

Post by ddp » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:09 pm

Question regarding the loan email...

We were required to send in the FAFSA and tax forms to be considered for grant aid (weren't we?) which means we don't have to resubmit those, right?

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:07 am

that's what i assumed ddp..
but you never know..you should probably just send Karla an e-mail to be sure..

question for everyone taking out loans other than the federal ones..

are you taking the Cornell Grad Plus loans, or loans from elsewhere?

I was all in to take them from Cornell..but I'd like to know what others are doing too, to get an idea..

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WAHiker

New

Post by WAHiker » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:28 am

panda wrote: are you taking the Cornell Grad Plus loans, or loans from elsewhere?

I was all in to take them from Cornell..but I'd like to know what others are doing too, to get an idea..
I haven't looked into this much yet, but I've heard that the Grad Plus through Discover doesn't have the 2.5% origination fee that you'd get by taking it through Need Access, but is otherwise the same.

Other25 - We're hoping to get there some time between the 14th and 17th, but it could be as late as the 23rd, depending on my current job. Hopefully we'll all get to do a TLS meetup prior to orientation!

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:30 am

WAHiker wrote:
panda wrote: are you taking the Cornell Grad Plus loans, or loans from elsewhere?

I haven't looked into this much yet, but I've heard that the Grad Plus through Discover doesn't have the 2.5% origination fee that you'd get by taking it through Need Access, but is otherwise the same.
potentially very stupid question..but is getting the money through Cornell, the same as getting it through Need Access? cuz that wasn't what I understood.. :?

WAHiker

New

Post by WAHiker » Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:47 am

panda wrote: potentially very stupid question..but is getting the money through Cornell, the same as getting it through Need Access? cuz that wasn't what I understood.. :?
I assumed it was, since we had to fill out the NA form, but I guess they just administer some paperwork for the school.

Just checked the application paperwork, it looks like it's through Cornell, not NA.
http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/admiss ... ptions.cfm

Checked the Discover site, theirs is 8.25%, plus a 3% fee (which they say the gov't requires(?))
http://www.discoverstudentloans.com/stu ... -plus.aspx

Also checked NA and found that they have a 8.5% rate, plus 3% fee.

Unless I find something better this weekend, Cornell Grad Plus it is...

panda

Bronze

Post by panda » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:01 am

WAHiker wrote:
panda wrote: potentially very stupid question..but is getting the money through Cornell, the same as getting it through Need Access? cuz that wasn't what I understood.. :?
I assumed it was, since we had to fill out the NA form, but I guess they just administer some paperwork for the school.

Just checked the application paperwork, it looks like it's through Cornell, not NA.
http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/admiss ... ptions.cfm

Checked the Discover site, theirs is 8.25%, plus a 3% fee (which they say the gov't requires(?))
http://www.discoverstudentloans.com/stu ... -plus.aspx

Also checked NA and found that they have a 8.5% rate, plus 3% fee.

Unless I find something better this weekend, Cornell Grad Plus it is...
you just wrote out my exact research and thought processes.. good to know we came to the same conclusions.. let me know if you find anything you think is better.. :D

oh..and still hoping to hear from others about their loan plans.. :mrgreen:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2012 Forum”