Transcripts from summer classes - - Omit LSAC reqested info? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
emsjeep

New

Transcripts from summer classes - - Omit LSAC reqested info?

Post by emsjeep » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:56 pm

I attended three summer chemistry classes at my local community college while finishing a Biology/English major, I only needed to take one, and I got an A in that class. I decided to take Organic Chemistry for general interest and it applied to my second major, I got two D's in those classes and had some family issues during those terms. Do I need to send a transcript from this school and/or explain the D's somewhere?
Last edited by emsjeep on Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeon

Silver

Re: Transcripts from summer classes

Post by Aeon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:10 pm

Yes, you'll need to submit transcripts from the community college, too. If you have a compelling explanation for those D grades, then a brief addendum might help.

emsjeep

New

Post by emsjeep » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Aeon wrote:Yes, you'll need to submit transcripts from the community college, too. If you have a compelling explanation for those D grades, then a brief addendum might help.
Death in the family played a role, I was occupied with that for a period, being a medical professional. I also wound up in a class with kids post grad, or repeating the course so there was no curve.

Aeon

Silver

Post by Aeon » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:36 pm

emsjeep wrote:
Aeon wrote:Yes, you'll need to submit transcripts from the community college, too. If you have a compelling explanation for those D grades, then a brief addendum might help.
Death in the family played a role, I was occupied with that for a period, being a medical professional.
That certainly sounds like a valid thing to mention. My condolences (belated as they are) for the death in your family.

emsjeep

New

Post by emsjeep » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:36 pm

Some people seem to disagree with this. I think that it needs to be sent but I have been told that, "if you don't tell them they won't know"....thoughts?

I already sent in a transcript request...so obviously I think this is a slam dunk, but people keep telling me I'm crazy.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm

emsjeep wrote:Some people seem to disagree with this. I think that it needs to be sent but I have been told that, "if you don't tell them they won't know"....thoughts?

I already sent in a transcript request...so obviously I think this is a slam dunk, but people keep telling me I'm crazy.
You have to send them.

MTC87

New

Post by MTC87 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:32 pm

emsjeep wrote:Some people seem to disagree with this. I think that it needs to be sent but I have been told that, "if you don't tell them they won't know"....thoughts?

this is one of those cases where everyone you know in real life tells you to do one thing, and everyone on the internet tells you the exact opposite.

i was in a similar situation earlier this year. i requested the transcript and had the CC grade added to my LSAC grade report, but was able to appeal successfully for a retroactive reversal of the grade. An updated (and much improved) grade report was sent out by the LSAC.

emsjeep

New

Post by emsjeep » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:45 pm

MTC87 wrote:

this is one of those cases where everyone you know in real life tells you to do one thing, and everyone on the internet tells you the exact opposite.

i was in a similar situation earlier this year. i requested the transcript and had the CC grade added to my LSAC grade report, but was able to appeal successfully for a retroactive reversal of the grade. An updated (and much improved) grade report was sent out by the LSAC.
• bachelor’s degree-granting institution
• graduate degree-granting institution(s)
• law/medical/professional institutions
• institutions where college-level courses were taken while in high school
• institutions where summer or evening courses did not count toward a degree
• institutions that have closed
• institutions from which you have only withdrawn or incomplete grades
• institutions where you have recently enrolled
• overseas study.

They request a transcript in this case specifically....

wreckem

New

Re: Transcripts from summer classes - - Omit LSAC reqested info?

Post by wreckem » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:57 am

Whoever gave you the advice not to isn't very bright.

If you don't give them to LSAC/law schools now, good luck trying to explain why you didnt disclose them when applying for your State Bar.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”