Banking and part-time law school Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Post Reply
Kellog9089

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:08 am

Banking and part-time law school

Post by Kellog9089 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:55 am

Hi all,

- International, 26yrs old
- Working at one of the bulge brackets in NYC (Goldman/ JPM/ MS/ BofA) (middle office)
- LSAT 159, GPA 4.0

My LSAT would expire next year so I'll be applying to part-time law schools this year. What are the chances of getting into Fordham part-time law school with my profile? If it's not possible, I'm also considering applying to full-time law schools after 2 years with my GRE (335).

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

User avatar
nealric

Moderator
Posts: 4134
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Banking and part-time law school

Post by nealric » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:32 pm

I’d retake the LSAT if I were you.

Kellog9089

New
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:08 am

Re: Banking and part-time law school

Post by Kellog9089 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:42 pm

nealric wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:32 pm
I’d retake the LSAT if I were you.
I took it 3 times already but the scores would expire soon. Is it going to affect my application?

User avatar
nealric

Moderator
Posts: 4134
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Banking and part-time law school

Post by nealric » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:45 am

Kellog9089 wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:42 pm
nealric wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:32 pm
I’d retake the LSAT if I were you.
I took it 3 times already but the scores would expire soon. Is it going to affect my application?
In that case, all you can do is apply and see what happens.

crazywafflez

Silver
Posts: 620
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:02 pm

Re: Banking and part-time law school

Post by crazywafflez » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:27 pm

Why do you want to go to law school? I think you're better off being in banking tbh.

Do you already have a green card? In order to secure a work visa, you'll need to work for a big law firm, and while Fordham is a good school, it gives you less than a coin's flip chance of securing that kind of work.

melgibsonfan

New
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:18 pm

Re: Banking and part-time law school

Post by melgibsonfan » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:43 pm

Kellog9089 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:55 am
Hi all,

- International, 26yrs old
- Working at one of the bulge brackets in NYC (Goldman/ JPM/ MS/ BofA) (middle office)
- LSAT 159, GPA 4.0

My LSAT would expire next year so I'll be applying to part-time law schools this year. What are the chances of getting into Fordham part-time law school with my profile? If it's not possible, I'm also considering applying to full-time law schools after 2 years with my GRE (335).

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Don't go to law school. Spend the time you'd be in class or studying networking, deepening your knowledge of finance, and finding some side business ideas. Law school is not made for people like you (those with careers already in the works). It is more of a reset for those with a post-BA false start.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”