Too little classes? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
MoreAsMorePay

New

Too little classes?

Post by MoreAsMorePay » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:48 pm

I'm a sophomore transfer student at a school on a quarter system, and because of classes I took as a visiting student on a gap year I could graduate a quarter early taking only three classes a quarter, which counts as a full course load at my school. However, the usual course load at my school is four classes a quarter. Would I be putting myself at a disadvantage if I continue taking three classes a quarter? Also, apologies for the stupid username.

Eve2022

New

Re: Too little classes?

Post by Eve2022 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:36 pm

It is hard to say if you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by taking three classes per quarter. It really depends on how well you can manage taking fewer classes while still getting the same quality of education as someone who takes four classes. If you find that you have enough time to review your materials and do an adequate amount of work, then it is probably fine. However, if you are having trouble keeping up with your studies and need more time to really understand the material, then taking four classes may be a better option for you. It really depends on what works best for you given your unique circumstances.

melgibsonfan

New

Post by melgibsonfan » Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:44 pm

MoreAsMorePay wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:48 pm
I'm a sophomore transfer student at a school on a quarter system, and because of classes I took as a visiting student on a gap year I could graduate a quarter early taking only three classes a quarter, which counts as a full course load at my school. However, the usual course load at my school is four classes a quarter. Would I be putting myself at a disadvantage if I continue taking three classes a quarter? Also, apologies for the stupid username.
No admissions committee or employer will ever care about what classes you took or your major (unless it is IP law requiring a hard science background). Majoring in underwater basket weaving and clocking a 4.0 at flagship state U is better than a 3.6 in English at Dartmouth from an admissions perspective.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:24 pm

Eve2022 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:36 pm
It is hard to say if you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by taking three classes per quarter. It really depends on how well you can manage taking fewer classes while still getting the same quality of education as someone who takes four classes. If you find that you have enough time to review your materials and do an adequate amount of work, then it is probably fine. However, if you are having trouble keeping up with your studies and need more time to really understand the material, then taking four classes may be a better option for you. Ultimately it depends on what works best for you given your unique circumstances.
No, it is not hard to say. Taking three classes is inconsequential. Don't sweat it OP.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:30 pm

Eve2022 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:36 pm
It is hard to say if you are putting yourself at a disadvantage by taking three classes per quarter. It really depends on how well you can manage taking fewer classes while still getting the same quality of education as someone who takes four classes. If you find that you have enough time to review your materials and do an adequate amount of work, then it is probably fine. However, if you are having trouble keeping up with your studies and need more time to really understand the material, then taking four classes may be a better option for you. Ultimately it depends on what works best for you given your unique circumstances.
Reported for the following reason:

This is a AI-generated response from a new user. Maybe forum admin is using these obvious bots on purpose to boost engagement, in that case I suppose disregard this message.

No human would write this sentence: "If you are having trouble keeping up with your studies and need more time to really understand the material, then taking four classes may be a better option for you." Needing more time would of course counsel in favor of fewer classses, not more.

ksm6969

New

Post by ksm6969 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:49 pm

MoreAsMorePay wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:48 pm
The first response is pretty obvious ChatGPT.

Anyway, the only reason to take more classes would be to try to bring up your gpa. If your gpa is already good, there is zero reason (from law school admissions perspective) to take an extra class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”