LOR on Firm Letterhead Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
4567lkjh

New

LOR on Firm Letterhead

Post by 4567lkjh » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:59 pm

A former coworker asked that I write a LOR for their law school application. I'm very happy to do it - she is going to be a phenomenal attorney and I can discuss lots of transferable skills.

My question is, I was looking around for some conventional advice on LORs and saw the recurring advice that they need to be on letterhead. Would it be appropriate for me to use the firm's letterhead (I'm currently a biglaw associate, but my experience with the person I'm recommending is not related to my current firm). Or, should I just not use a letterhead?

beinghuman

Re: LOR on Firm Letterhead

Post by beinghuman » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:28 pm

My view is that if you're recommending your friend in a personal capacity, you should not use the law firm's letterhead. You can alway indicate that you are an attorney at X law firm in the signature block.

The Lsat Airbender

Gold

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:52 pm

beinghuman wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:28 pm
My view is that if you're recommending your friend in a personal capacity, you should not use the law firm's letterhead. You can alway indicate that you are an attorney at X law firm in the signature block.
Agree with this. Current coworker would be different.

OP: great excuse to get yourself some nice digital stationery :D

4567lkjh

New

Post by 4567lkjh » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:03 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:52 pm
beinghuman wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:28 pm
Agree with this. Current coworker would be different.

OP: great excuse to get yourself some nice digital stationery :D
Thank you both for the input! I might just have to use this as an excuse to get creative and make some personal letterhead.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”