Letter of Continuing Interest

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mandrewsf

New

Letter of Continuing Interest

Post by mandrewsf » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:29 pm

It's about a month after I sent in my apps and now I'm thinking about whether I should send LOCIs to schools that I applied to. I read somewhere (for example TLS's Personal Statement guide) that LOCIs are meant to be sent after I'm waitlisted, but for a few schools that I've applied to, such as Michigan, they claim to welcome updates from applicants while they await an admissions decision. My question is, should I send blanket LOCIs to all schools I've applied to, ask a school's admissions office on whether I could send something, or should I wait until I actually get an admissions decision before sending anything?

The main reason why I want to send a LOCI is because I'm getting promoted at work, which I was hoping to use to burnish my application profile.

cavalier1138

Re: Letter of Continuing Interest

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:52 am

I don't think it'll do much good before you're on waitlists. 95% of this is a numbers game, and if you aren't hearing back from schools by now, it's likely because your numbers are borderline.

mandrewsf

New

Re: Letter of Continuing Interest

Post by mandrewsf » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:21 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:52 am
I don't think it'll do much good before you're on waitlists. 95% of this is a numbers game, and if you aren't hearing back from schools by now, it's likely because your numbers are borderline.
Thanks. I thought schools typically take 6-8 weeks to reach a decision even for candidates they plan to admit? I did hear back within 2 weeks from a school that accepted me, though I thought that might have been the exception rather than the norm.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”