CUNY Law to NYU/Columbia?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lalaland562

New

CUNY Law to NYU/Columbia?

Post by lalaland562 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:21 am

Hi guys,

I'm just wondering if there's anyone out there who successfully transferred (or know anyone who did) from CUNY Law to top NYC Law schools like NYU/Columbia.
Any insights are appreciated!

Lawman1865

New

Re: CUNY Law to NYU/Columbia?

Post by Lawman1865 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:10 pm

I personally don't know anybody from your school so I can't really know. I would suggest you look at the 509 report of transfer students to NYU/Columbia to see what kind of schools were accepted. Keep in mind, past occurrences do not predict the future with 100% certainty, so if you don't see your school there don't despair, but understand that historically certain schools and students with certain GPA's have been accepted for transfers.

I don't know whether you are currently in CUNY law school or thinking of attending with the idea of transferring. If you are in the second category, please make sure you would be happy to graduate with a degree from CUNY and also accept that it is very difficult from any school to finish in the top 5%-1% (which is probably what you'll need to transfer to C/NYU).

If you are currently in law school at CUNY, then all I can say is do your best to get fantastic grades this semester, and then subject to your results you can start to look into schools (while ensuring you devote time to killing it your second semester as well).

Good luck!

cavalier1138

Re: CUNY Law to NYU/Columbia?

Post by cavalier1138 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:05 am

Based on your other post, you're still studying for the LSAT, so I have moved this to the appropriate forum. The "Transfers" forum is only for discussion of transfer opportunities for 1Ls with at least one semester of grades.

And to answer your question: Don't matriculate to any school with the intent of transferring.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”