When to apply?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NA12345

New

When to apply?

Post by NA12345 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 6:18 pm

Hi all,
I currently have crafted most of my application components and they are ready to go for the upcoming cycle. I have taken the LSAT once before. I am also taking the August LSAT flex with the scores set to be released in mid September. My question is if I could begin to submit applications before my August score comes out or if I should wait until the scores are released?
Thanks in advance.

The Lsat Airbender

Silver

Re: When to apply?

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:18 pm

Depends on

1) your current score
2) what you anticipate your August score will be
3) what schools you're applying to

NA12345

New

Post by NA12345 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:19 am

Thanks for the reply. My current score is a 170. It looks like I'm on track for 173+ on the August administration. I plann to basically blanket the top 14 with apps.
Would it just make sense for me to wait until september 18 (when August scores are relaeased) to begin submitting apps?

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:24 am

There’s no reason to apply before your score is released. Applying any time in September is still incredibly early; there are schools that don’t even open applications until September 15. You’re not going to gain any greater advantage by applying on the first day applications open than you will applying in September or October.

In fact, since you already have a score but presumably want them to consider your August score, it’s easier to apply after you get the August score, than to apply earlier but tell them you have a score coming and want to wait for that score.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”