Chances for T14 ? (low LSAT&GPA and high GRE)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
workharder

New

Chances for T14 ? (low LSAT&GPA and high GRE)

Post by workharder » Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:17 am

Plan to apply the 2021 cycle.

I graduated from a mediocre UC with a major in Economics and Econometrics. (GPA:3.53) Took LSAT once in Jan 2020 and got 161. Then worked pretty hard on GRE and got 335+.

I know my stats might be unrealistic for T14. Are there any schools that are relatively friendly with GRE? Or should I retake LSAT this October?

laanngo

New

Re: Chances for T14 ? (low LSAT&GPA and high GRE)

Post by laanngo » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:29 am

workharder wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:17 am
Plan to apply the 2021 cycle.

I graduated from a mediocre UC with a major in Economics and Econometrics. (GPA:3.53) Took LSAT once in Jan 2020 and got 161. Then worked pretty hard on GRE and got 335+.

I know my stats might be unrealistic for T14. Are there any schools that are relatively friendly with GRE? Or should I retake LSAT this October?
Have you considered applying outside of California? Cali law schools tend to be GPA sensitive, not the kind where you could get in based on a high LSAT. Schools publish and are ranked by their LSAT, not their GRE. I don't think many law schools worth attending would admit a student with a good Graduate Required Effectiveness if they showed insufficient Law School Aptitutude Testing
Also how's Merced as a college town?

The Lsat Airbender

Silver

Post by The Lsat Airbender » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:28 am

If your LSAT score is from an actual administration of the test, it's going to control here. As a practical matter, schools have to report that score to the ABA, and, as a subjective matter, I agree with laanngo that they're going to put more weight in the LSAT as an indicator of your potential as a law student.

laanngo

New

Post by laanngo » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:05 pm

The Lsat Airbender wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:28 am
If your LSAT score is from an actual administration of the test, it's going to control here. As a practical matter, schools have to report that score to the ABA, and, as a subjective matter, I agree with laanngo that they're going to put more weight in the LSAT as an indicator of your potential as a law student.
They also feel pressured to post higher LSAT scores than the competition.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”