Reapply due to COVID 19 Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FielderN

New

Reapply due to COVID 19

Post by FielderN » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:14 pm

I think I am unlikely to get off any waitlists and will be attending a local T2 on a full scholarship. I don’t know if this is a good idea. I’m worried my family members might get sick through me and I’ve also hated online classes although that’s not as big of a problem.

I’ve applied twice and underperformed my numbers so the changes I would make are hiring a consultant and retaking the exam. I have taken it four times and gotten the same score literally every time but I will give it another try.

My parents are telling me to go because I am getting old. A ranking in the top 10% at the school gets good outcomes like FC/BL but how can I say where I will rank? Any comments would be appreciated.

cavalier1138

Re: Reapply due to COVID 19

Post by cavalier1138 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:04 pm

Why would going to law school increase the chance of you spreading coronavirus to your family?

But more importantly, what do you want to do with your degree? If it's biglaw (the only job you mentioned), then no, don't go to this school. You cannot predict your class rank, and you only get one shot at 1L.

Crickets

New

Post by Crickets » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:07 pm

What are your numbers and why do you think you underperformed? Did you apply late?

FielderN

New

Post by FielderN » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:34 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:04 pm
Why would going to law school increase the chance of you spreading coronavirus to your family?

But more importantly, what do you want to do with your degree? If it's biglaw (the only job you mentioned), then no, don't go to this school. You cannot predict your class rank, and you only get one shot at 1L.
I would be living at home but even if I lived next to campus I could not imagine not visiting my family. But what I want to do is work in a pretty competitive area and not necessarily BL. It’s been my dream for years now to work for something like DOJ CRD or the ACLU. Yeah, I know it’s unrealistic.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”