Wrong Year on Transcript Request Form Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
OrangeMarmalade

New

Wrong Year on Transcript Request Form

Post by OrangeMarmalade » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:40 am

Hey All,

I accidentally wrote I took a summer class from a community college in 2015 on my transcript request form, while I actually attended in 2014. It will show the correct year on my transcript. I can't change the transcript request form online.

Does this matter, and how did you guys fix this problem?

Thanks!

hopefullya1L

New

Re: Wrong Year on Transcript Request Form

Post by hopefullya1L » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:25 pm

OrangeMarmalade wrote:Hey All,

I accidentally wrote I took a summer class from a community college in 2015 on my transcript request form, while I actually attended in 2014. It will show the correct year on my transcript. I can't change the transcript request form online.

Thanks!
I made the same exact mistake! I contacted LSAC to ask if they could fix it and they said it would not matter because once they receive the actual transcript from the school they will use the dates from the official transcript on your report. Law schools won't see what you accidentally entered.

edit: and this seemed to be the case. once they created my report the wrong date never showed up again.

OrangeMarmalade

New

Re: Wrong Year on Transcript Request Form

Post by OrangeMarmalade » Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:59 pm

hopefullya1L wrote:
OrangeMarmalade wrote:Hey All,

Thanks!
I made the same exact mistake! I contacted LSAC to ask if they could fix it and they said it would not matter because once they receive the actual transcript from the school they will use the dates from the official transcript on your report. Law schools won't see what you accidentally entered.

edit: and this seemed to be the case. once they created my report the wrong date never showed up again.
What a relief!! Thank you so much!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”