Will an updated resume slow down my app? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
studyingeveryday

Silver

Will an updated resume slow down my app?

Post by studyingeveryday » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 pm

1. Will sending an updated resume to schools I am under review at slow down my application process?

2. Should I simply send the resume as an attachment in my email, or should I also write a blurb in the email about how I think my new employment will be useful for my application/in law school? (could be a dumb question, am asking because I don't know what the expected protocol is on this)

Thank you!

TAD

Bronze

Re: Will an updated resume slow down my app?

Post by TAD » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:46 pm

studyingeveryday wrote:1. Will sending an updated resume to schools I am under review at slow down my application process?

2. Should I simply send the resume as an attachment in my email, or should I also write a blurb in the email about how I think my new employment will be useful for my application/in law school? (could be a dumb question, am asking because I don't know what the expected protocol is on this)

Thank you!
I applied to Harvard in October and hadn't received a JS1, so I sent an updated resume last week - sent an attachment of the resume as well as another attachment explaining the update in the resume and a little commentary in the actual email - and received a JS1 this week. Not sure if it actually sped up my app but it didn't slow it down.

studyingeveryday

Silver

Re: Will an updated resume slow down my app?

Post by studyingeveryday » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:06 pm

TAD wrote:
studyingeveryday wrote:1. Will sending an updated resume to schools I am under review at slow down my application process?

Thank you!
I applied to Harvard in October and hadn't received a JS1, so I sent an updated resume last week - sent an attachment of the resume as well as another attachment explaining the update in the resume and a little commentary in the actual email - and received a JS1 this week. Not sure if it actually sped up my app but it didn't slow it down.
wow, that's great, good luck! I'll do something similar then.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”