Please Critique Academic Addendum. Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
goddard24

New

Please Critique Academic Addendum.

Post by goddard24 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:15 am

Guys, need your reasoning skills here; I have an F on my transcript from my sophmore year of college, which brought my semester gpa down to a 2.5. I was able to bring up my cumulative GPA to a 3.59 when I graduated in 2014. Should I submit an addendum to explain this F. Grant it that semester I had just transferred schools and started a new part-time job. Would really appreciate your comments.

See a copy of my addendum below:

Upon completion of the 2011 fall semester, I obtained a 2.5 GPA due to the fact that I received an F in a (xx) course. At that time I had recently transferred from the (xx) campus of (xx) University, to the (xx) campus and had started a new job. I underestimated the level of time management needed to effectively balance my schedule. However, I do not believe that this semester is representative of my academic potential. I must point out that each semester since fall of 2011, I showed significant academic improvement—earning myself a position on the honor roll for multiple semesters.

chickensoup1234

New

Re: Please Critique Academic Addendum.

Post by chickensoup1234 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:20 am

It looks good. I like the brevity, but I think more experienced TLS members will have a stronger opinion.

kade

New

Re: Please Critique Academic Addendum.

Post by kade » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:04 am

Looks good for me as well. I like its brevity and tone.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”