Undergrad Workload Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
phill55

New

Undergrad Workload

Post by phill55 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:29 pm

I have a question on workload during undergrad. I currently have a 3.815 gpa and am a first semester sophomore. I am double majoring and I have two more semesters in which I can take 12 credit hours instead of 15. I haven't technically taken any 15 or more credit hour semesters since starting undergrad. First semester I ended up dropping a course (13), second semester I took a fifth course online(13), and this semester I am only taking four classes (12). My concern is that law schools will think that I didn't have large enough workload freshman-junior year. I was planning on doing another 12 credit hour semester, a 14 credit hour semester, and a 15 credit hour semester. Does the credit hour ammount matter? Or will they see my good grades and double major and not care? Thanks!

Maplesyrup

Bronze

Re: Undergrad Workload

Post by Maplesyrup » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:33 pm

they won't care just earn as high of a gpa as you can

acr

Silver

Post by acr » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Maplesyrup wrote:they won't care just earn as high of a gpa as you can
this, and take community college classes where you know you can get A+'s too lol

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:45 pm

you gotta be careful about the size of the load you're willing to take. If it's too big, you may get overwhelmed and drown, causing your gpa to suffer. But if it's not big enough, some people may doubt your commitment/enthusiasm. Will it matter to law schools? No. Will it matter to your bf? Probably.

oil

New

Post by oil » Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:54 pm

lymenheimer wrote:you gotta be careful about the size of the load you're willing to take. If it's too big, you may get overwhelmed and drown, causing your gpa to suffer. But if it's not big enough, some people may doubt your commitment/enthusiasm. Will it matter to law schools? No. Will it matter to your bf? Probably.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”