LSAC Letter Noting Sub-Optimal Testing Conditions Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SeoulToNY

New

LSAC Letter Noting Sub-Optimal Testing Conditions

Post by SeoulToNY » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:19 pm

So I took the September 2014 LSAT at Pace University, but they had loud construction going on throughout the test. As a result, they offered everyone who took it there a free retake, or an option to release their scores normally but with a letter from LSAC attached confirming the less than optimal testing conditions. I chose the second option, and I'm wondering if this admissions officers will care about this letter.

I have a 3.92 GPA from Columbia University and my LSAT score is a 174, so it's not as if the letter would explain a terrible score (although I am pretty upset since I was averaging 176-178 the week before the test). But would this have any impact on my admissions? I would like to think that it would give me an edge compared to another candidate with a 3.92 and a 174 LSAT or something, but the cynic in me thinks that it won't really matter. But I would like to hear from other more knowledgable people.

Thanks!

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Re: LSAC Letter Noting Sub-Optimal Testing Conditions

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:24 pm

:roll:

cbbinnyc

Bronze

Post by cbbinnyc » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Only an actual admissions committee member could give you an answer that isn't pure conjecture. But, FWIW, I doubt it will make much of a difference ... they still have to report the 174 to USNWR. But if you have 3.92 from Columbia and a 174, then you're pretty good to go everywhere except Yale (and that's a gamble no matter what your numbers are), so I wouldn't be worrying too much.

SeoulToNY

New

Post by SeoulToNY » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:39 pm

Yeah...I probably fully deserve that reaction from Mack, haha.

The whole construction thing has been just bothering me a lot, and I just wanted to get other's opinions on it since all of my friends know like nothing about law school admissions, so I really appreciate your reply!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”