Can I Apply Before October LSAT Results? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
amacdon123

New

Can I Apply Before October LSAT Results?

Post by amacdon123 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:42 am

Hey guys,

So I took the LSAT in June and got a 163, and I'm hoping for better on the October LSAT. Here's my question: If I submit law school applications now, will they receive the October score later or just see my June score? I'd love to apply as early as possible since I know they read them in order of submission, but I want to be sure my latest score counts.

benwyatt

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by benwyatt » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:59 am

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Bronze

Re: Can I Apply Before October LSAT Results?

Post by Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:52 pm

The schools will receive your October scores later. Even if you submit your application sooner, the decision and final review may not be made until all documents have been received. You may always call the schools you are interested in applying to and ask their opinion in terms of whether you should apply early or wait for your scores.

legit

Bronze

Post by legit » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:58 pm

Last edited by legit on Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

appellative

New

Post by appellative » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:08 pm

legit could you elaborate a bit?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lymenheimer

Gold

Post by lymenheimer » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:22 pm

legit wrote:
amacdon123 wrote:Hey guys,

So I took the LSAT in June and got a 163, and I'm hoping for better on the October LSAT. Here's my question: If I submit law school applications now, will they receive the October score later or just see my June score? I'd love to apply as early as possible since I know they read them in order of submission, but I want to be sure my latest score counts.
Also (when your score goes up), you would have to spend more time drafting emails asking for additional scholarships.
This isn't necessarily true. Depending upon where OP is applying, scholly info might not be sent out at the same time as admissions. So, if OP is applying and hoping for acceptances now, then he may have to hold off on scholly stuff, which will likely be after his new score is reported. Not really that big of a deal. But depending upon your practice testing and your confidence with the October LSAT, I'd hold off. You may get pushed out pretty quick if your numbers aren't already competitive for the schools you're looking at (though there's a chance a waitlist would be warranted since you did retake).

legit

Bronze

Post by legit » Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:42 pm

My bad for not noticing your question until now.

To elaborate, law schools could accept and offer scholarships based on your non-October score. The reward might not be automatically raised with a higher October score, so you would have to craft emails asking them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”