UChicago interview Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lc0626

New

UChicago interview

Post by lc0626 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:07 am

I'm interviewing with UChicago next week and I was wondering what it would be like since I haven't yet interviewed with any of the other schools I applied to.

I'm expecting the classic "why law" "why UChicago" type of questions and some behavioral questions like "what was the hardest time in your college life and how did you overcome it" etc etc.

Has anyone interviewed with UChi? Were there any surprise questions?

I would also love to read about interview experiences with other schools.

Thanks so much in advance!

middlebear

Silver

Re: UChicago interview

Post by middlebear » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:12 am

1: general interview thread here (title/first post randomly deleted, but read through...)

2: surf over to the Chicago applicants thread, I'm pretty sure all the questions are in there.

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:12 am

lc0626 wrote:I'm interviewing with UChicago next week and I was wondering what it would be like since I haven't yet interviewed with any of the other schools I applied to.

I'm expecting the classic "why law" "why UChicago" type of questions and some behavioral questions like "what was the hardest time in your college life and how did you overcome it" etc etc.

Has anyone interviewed with UChi? Were there any surprise questions?

I would also love to read about interview experiences with other schools.

Thanks so much in advance!
Very casual Skype conversation. Simple and straightforward. Couple behavioral IIRC, mostly just shooting the shit.

UnicornHunter

Diamond

Post by UnicornHunter » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:13 am

There's a thread somewhere that compiled every question that people reported being asked last cycle. Caveat to that is I'm pretty sure the guy who did most of the interviews last cycle isn't at UC anymore, so maybe you'd have better luck checking in on this year's thread.

That all being said, I wouldn't stress out too much about it. If you can answer variations of why law, why chicago, and talk about your background for a few minutes, you'll be good.

lc0626

New

Post by lc0626 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:48 pm

Thank you so much guys!!!! All your replies are really helpful.

I'm a little bit nervous right now, but well preparing for the interview. Wish me a good luck. :)

blousty

New

Post by blousty » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:28 am

Act confident and you'll do well. If you aren't a natural @ small talk think up about 30 questions that are small talk but that you'd expect to encounter. This isn't the type of interview where they pick you. It's the type where they weed you out for being weird.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”