Scheduling Interviews Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
smile0751

Bronze

Scheduling Interviews

Post by smile0751 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi-

For those of you that have interviewed for law school admission, how much flexibility did you have to pick a time and date? Right now I work as a consultant and am traveling Mon-Thur every week, and I work or am with my team from like 8am-8/9pm regularly. I dont want my work to know I am interviewing for law schools and there are only so many doctors appointments one can have. I'm very nervous about finding a time to have an interview during the work week. Does anyone have any information or advice on how to handle this?

dabigchina

Gold

Re: Scheduling Interviews

Post by dabigchina » Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:51 am

Do you not have a senior consultant that you can confide in/cover for you. My situation is a little different because I am an accountant, but my managers and senior managers didn't seem to care if I needed to duck out for 30 mins for a phone interview. Most of the ones I like know I am applying to law school and are super supportive.

Why do u think they would be mad? If they knew? Aren't consulting positions 2 year stints anyway?

smile0751

Bronze

Post by smile0751 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:26 am

Well, I've told some of the people on the project, but I have a partner on my project who I wouldnt be pleased at all to find out. I'm at a smaller consulting firm, so the two year rule doesnt apply and most people stay longer. Since I'm gunning for a promotion this January (and the increased salary to help increase my savings for law school), I really dont want to burn any bridges.

I guess what I'm asking is, once you find out about the interview, how much time and flexibility do you receive in picking a time and date?

Also, these what other schools besides the ones below typically require interviews?

-Harvard
-Northwestern
-UVA
-UChicago
-Georgetown
-Vanderbilt
-Duke (starting this year)

LET'S GET IT

Silver

Post by LET'S GET IT » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:51 pm

I can only speak to the ones I dealt with in my cycle. Vandy didn't do an interview. Northwestern, iirc, you pick the day, but they basically pick the time since you are interviewing with alumni who are normally busy attorneys. WashU does interviews if you are applying there, but you pick the date and time, and they only last like 15 minutes so you could do it on lunch or something. Don't know about the others, good luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”