KJD GPA Changing Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
PKP319

New

KJD GPA Changing Question

Post by PKP319 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:43 am

Quick question concerning the GPA's of KJDs. I'm applying next cycle. My GPA right now is median at most of the bottom T14 and other schools I'm looking at. However, I've done some playing with the numbers and following the Fall semester next year, I could be closer to the 75th's. I plan on applying in Sept/Oct, so will schools consider updated GPA for admissions/getting off wait lists and if so, how do you notify them that your GPA has gone up?

Sorry if this has been answered already, I'm a pretty amateur lurker.

Thanks for the help.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: KJD GPA Changing Question

Post by Pneumonia » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:24 am

You'll just send them your updated transcripts after grades come back in December, and yes, they will consider them. Definitely still apply early though.

drevo

Bronze

Re: KJD GPA Changing Question

Post by drevo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:23 pm

Once you get your Fall grades are submitted just have your school submit another transcript to LSAC as soon as possible and that will automatically update the schools. Like Pneumonia said, still apply early though. By the time you get your new grades the only schools you'll have heard back from will be schools accepting you. Your updated transcripts will make it to the schools before they have started making wait list or denial decisions so you'll be all good.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”