When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Post Reply
jdapplicant

Bronze
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by jdapplicant » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:16 pm

I know that Harvard doesn't reply with acceptance letters until late-November.

How long do other T-14 schools take to respond after your status check says that your application is "under review?"

Do schools generally respond with rejections/wait lists faster than they send out acceptance letters?

This is all assuming no ED. Thanks!

User avatar
AlanShore

Silver
Posts: 1498
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by AlanShore » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:30 pm

jdapplicant wrote:I know that Harvard doesn't reply with acceptance letters until late-November.

How long do other T-14 schools take to respond after your status check says that your application is "under review?"

Do schools generally respond with rejections/wait lists faster than they send out acceptance letters?

This is all assuming no ED. Thanks!
assuming you submit very early, anytime from end of oct to may.

most likely nov-jan

rejections can come along with acceptances; waitlists generally take a little longer

jdapplicant

Bronze
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by jdapplicant » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:42 pm

AlanShore wrote:
jdapplicant wrote:I know that Harvard doesn't reply with acceptance letters until late-November.

How long do other T-14 schools take to respond after your status check says that your application is "under review?"

Do schools generally respond with rejections/wait lists faster than they send out acceptance letters?

This is all assuming no ED. Thanks!
assuming you submit very early, anytime from end of oct to may.

most likely nov-jan

rejections can come along with acceptances; waitlists generally take a little longer

Thanks. My application status currently reads "under review" at a T-5. I was hoping that they would reply sooner since I applied in the first week of September. Too bad every school doesn't offer a priority track like Duke does.

User avatar
midwest17

Gold
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by midwest17 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 pm

jdapplicant wrote:T-5
What is this?

NapoleonXV

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by NapoleonXV » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:04 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!


NapoleonXV

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by NapoleonXV » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:04 am

midwest17 wrote:
jdapplicant wrote:T-5
What is this?
.
Last edited by NapoleonXV on Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Happy Gilmore

Bronze
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by Happy Gilmore » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:08 am

NapoleonXV wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
jdapplicant wrote:T-5
What is this?
Means FXXX OFF NYU
T5 is more accurate anyways.

jdapplicant

Bronze
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by jdapplicant » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:11 am

midwest17 wrote:
jdapplicant wrote:T-5
What is this?

That was my abbreviation for a top-5 law school

jdapplicant

Bronze
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by jdapplicant » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:12 am

NapoleonXV wrote:Use this :

http://mylsn.info/whenwilliknow.php
Thanks, that site is very helpful.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?


NapoleonXV

Bronze
Posts: 217
Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:29 am

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by NapoleonXV » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:22 am

jdapplicant wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
jdapplicant wrote:T-5
What is this?

That was my abbreviation for a top-5 law school
FYI the concept of T5 law school is hardly ever used. It is either T3 or T6 or T14

User avatar
midwest17

Gold
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by midwest17 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:26 am

NapoleonXV wrote:
jdapplicant wrote:
midwest17 wrote:
jdapplicant wrote:T-5
What is this?

That was my abbreviation for a top-5 law school
FYI the concept of T5 law school is hardly ever used. It is either T3 or T6 or T14
Yeah. I was mostly curious about who you were kicking out of the T6.

jdapplicant

Bronze
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 am

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by jdapplicant » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:54 pm

I didn't include NYU in my top 5. But you're right, I should have used the more common designation for T-6 to include the full first two tiers. HYS/CCN

User avatar
midwest17

Gold
Posts: 1685
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:27 pm

Re: When will law schools start respond with acceptances?

Post by midwest17 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:09 pm

When people use non-standard tiers, I tend to assume that they're right on the edge (i.e. the Vanderbilt student who says they attend a top-15 law school, or the person who says they graduated in the top 13% of their class.)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!


Post Reply

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”