Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
mvonh001

Silver

Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Post by mvonh001 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:52 pm

If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Re: Clearly above median LSAT Score, Yet retaking

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:09 am

mvonh001 wrote:If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?
No, no, no. Don't do it. If you do it, I have to do it. I don't want to go through that again.

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:27 am

mvonh001 wrote:If I am clearly above a schools 75th percentile, but am registered for a retake in December, will they wait to give me admission or to make a decision on my file?
They will probably wait to admit you once your file is complete and you're not scheduled for an LSAT.

They will probably think you're retaking to go to a better school.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:41 am

...Communicate with schools people. Call them and say you are retaking because you felt like you could do better, or you want to have better scholly offers, or tell them to wait for your new score, etc.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:12 pm

dowu wrote:
They will probably wait to admit you once your file is complete and you're not scheduled for an LSAT.

Can they see that you're retaking? I was planning to apply to safety schools with my old score when applications open, ace December, then apply to the better schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

dowu

Platinum

Post by dowu » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:41 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
dowu wrote:

Can they see that you're retaking? I was planning to apply to safety schools with my old score when applications open, ace December, then apply to the better schools.
On the appication, it will give you a chance to tell them if you are registered for a future LSAT administration. You could probably not put one down. They will assume your app as incomplete if you've implicated you're going to take the test again.

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:54 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
dowu wrote:

Thats what my plan was....
dowu wrote: On the appication, it will give you a chance to tell them if you are registered for a future LSAT administration. You could probably not put one down. They will assume your app as incomplete if you've implicated you're going to take the test again.
This also, but i was wondering if they got notified from the lsac that you were scheduled for a future lsat?
Clearly wrote:...Communicate with schools people. Call them and say you are retaking because you felt like you could do better, or you want to have better scholly offers, or tell them to wait for your new score, etc.
So you think i should email them and be like, "I am scheduled to retake the LSAT in december to see if I am capable of doing any better, please consider my app as complete with my previous score"

john1990

Silver

Post by john1990 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:24 pm

If you ask them too they will consider your application before the new LSAT score is on file

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”