Iowa Law School - Still waitlisted Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kobypritchard

New

Iowa Law School - Still waitlisted

Post by kobypritchard » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:50 pm

As the school year is getting closer I am wondering how I should feel about still being on the waitlist at Iowa. Iowa admissions informed me that decisions would be made up until 2 weeks before school began. Is there still hope? This is my number 1 choice.

Could this be because of the dip in law school applicants this cycle?

Any input would be greatly appreciated -

Nova

Platinum

Re: Iowa Law School - Still waitlisted

Post by Nova » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:52 pm

Numbers?

Also, when did you apply?

kobypritchard

New

Post by kobypritchard » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:02 pm

I applied a little late (in March). My numbers are below the typical average of an Iowa law student. I was accepted into Drake, Marquette, and Kansas as well. However, I do know they give waitlist priority to Iowa residents and students with a particular interest in attending that school, both of which I am.

I was curious if it is normal for waitlist decisions to go this far into the summer. Thanks!

JDndMSW

Silver

Post by JDndMSW » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:27 pm

kobypritchard wrote:I applied a little late (in March). My numbers are below the typical average of an Iowa law student. I was accepted into Drake, Marquette, and Kansas as well. However, I do know they give waitlist priority to Iowa residents and students with a particular interest in attending that school, both of which I am.

I was curious if it is normal for waitlist decisions to go this far into the summer. Thanks!
If you read old threads from previous Iowa cycles the wait seemed to be pretty long. I heard they have a pretty small class this year and I'm not sure why. When was the last time you contacted them? I would recommend calling what are your numbers? Have you compared them to the data on lsn?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:34 pm

kobypritchard wrote:I applied a little late (in March). My numbers are below the typical average of an Iowa law student. I was accepted into Drake, Marquette, and Kansas as well. However, I do know they give waitlist priority to Iowa residents and students with a particular interest in attending that school, both of which I am.

To ask the super obvious question: how much lower? The odds are obviously different if you're slightly below median versus way below median.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”