Faxing Your LOR Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rock789

New

Faxing Your LOR

Post by Rock789 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:39 pm

One of my professors who wrote me a LOR sent his recommendation to LSAC via snail mail. It took about 5 days for the Postal Service to deliver his letter and another week for LSAC to process it. Another professor who also wrote me a recommendation faxed his letter; it was processed that same day. Browsing through discussion boards about this topic, I know my case was not unique. Others have also enjoyed same-day processing because they faxed rather than mailed their LOR.

For whatever reason, LSAC does not make their fax number readily available, but it's: 215-504-1444. If you're in a hurry to get your LORs processed quickly, I would strongly advise that you ask your recommenders to fax.

(For context, I'm sharing this info because I'm overjoyed that my LORs are finally it. It was an enormously stressful process, and until the idea of faxing the damn things hit me this afternoon, I thought that I'd have to wait another 2 weeks for my last professor's letter to finally get his letter processed)

banjo

Silver

Re: Faxing Your LOR

Post by banjo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:19 pm

Make sure that the fax is clear though. One of mine was initially rejected.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”