Anyone know what LSAC's processing time for LOR is right now Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AlanShore

Silver

Anyone know what LSAC's processing time for LOR is right now

Post by AlanShore » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:31 am

My recommender mailed it last week (Tues morning).. assuming they receive it today or tomorrow?

karich

New

Re: Anyone know what LSAC's processing time for LOR is right now

Post by karich » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:58 am

Last edited by karich on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:59 am

karich wrote:LSAC takes a really long time to "receive" things. One of my LORs and 2 of my transcripts took several weeks. I'm still waiting on another LOR that was mailed 2 weeks ago.

Edit: I've found panicking helps.
gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. should i just send out all my apps? theyre ready.. i'm just waiting on this 3rd LOR....

karich

New

Post by karich » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:00 am

Last edited by karich on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 am

yeah.. ok ill wait till the end of the week and bug them again. its weird because some people have seen a 2day turn around time (after the typical mailing time) and others have to wait 2 weeks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:33 am

One of my recommenders put a letter in the mail August 27th, last week they still didn't have it. I'm convinced that LSAC lost the letter. I e-mailed her appologizing and asked if she could e-mail it and then sent the rest of my recommenders an e-mail form...when she e-mailed it it was processed immediately.

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 am

Psib337 wrote:One of my recommenders put a letter in the mail August 27th, last week they still didn't have it. I'm convinced that LSAC lost the letter. I e-mailed her appologizing and asked if she could e-mail it and then sent the rest of my recommenders an e-mail form...when she e-mailed it it was processed immediately.
LORs can be emailed in??

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:19 pm

AlanShore wrote:
Psib337 wrote:One of my recommenders put a letter in the mail August 27th, last week they still didn't have it. I'm convinced that LSAC lost the letter. I e-mailed her appologizing and asked if she could e-mail it and then sent the rest of my recommenders an e-mail form...when she e-mailed it it was processed immediately.
LORs can be emailed in??
Yeah, when you go to the LOR page on your account there's a print button and an e-mail button and all you have to do is enter in your recommender's e-mail. I sent them a separate e-mail just to let them know what it was and to check their junk mail folder for it if it didn't make it to their inbox.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:22 pm

x
Last edited by toothbrush on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Psib337 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
LORs can be emailed in??
Yeah, when you go to the LOR page on your account there's a print button and an e-mail button and all you have to do is enter in your recommender's e-mail. I sent them a separate e-mail just to let them know what it was and to check their junk mail folder for it if it didn't make it to their inbox.
Do they have to scan their letter with their signature? or they can just upload the word doc?

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:50 pm

AlanShore wrote:
Psib337 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
LORs can be emailed in??
Do they have to scan their letter with their signature? or they can just upload the word doc?
That I'm not sure of, I would assume there's an electronic signature or something just because I feel like scanning it would be too much work. One of my recommenders told me to check in with her on Friday just to remind her/see if she sent it, I can ask her then (my other recommender is proabably tired of all my e-mails)

lovelydarkanddeep

New

Post by lovelydarkanddeep » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:13 pm

They lost one of mine in early September as well. I had my recommender resend it and it was processed within 7 business days. I figure with the volume they are receiving they might lose a few each cycle. If you haven't seen it updated after three weeks maybe just have it resent to be safe?

AlanShore

Silver

Post by AlanShore » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:01 am

just fyi, they received the letter. i sent it tuesday morning.. so for those of you waiting 2+ weeks, definitely assume they lost it!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

honeybadger12

Bronze

Post by honeybadger12 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:55 am

Psib337 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
LORs can be emailed in??
I'm confused - you're saying the LOR's can be submitted electronically, but this isn't clear to me from the LSAC website. LSAC simply says that when I request an email, they send my recommender the LOR form (the one I would otherwise print out and give to the recommender). This doesn't necessarily mean that the recommender is then able to submit electronically. Can someone fill me in? Does the LSAC email include instructions telling the recommender how to return electronically?

Psib337

Bronze

Post by Psib337 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:03 am

honeybadger12 wrote:
Psib337 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
LORs can be emailed in??
I'm confused - you're saying the LOR's can be submitted electronically, but this isn't clear to me from the LSAC website. LSAC simply says that when I request an email, they send my recommender the LOR form (the one I would otherwise print out and give to the recommender). This doesn't necessarily mean that the recommender is then able to submit electronically. Can someone fill me in? Does the LSAC email include instructions telling the recommender how to return electronically?
It e-mails them the form the form and there must be some way they can upload the letter and LSAC recieves it that way. I'm not sure of how the entire process works (i've actually been thinking about sending a form to myself on the e-mail I use for junk mail just to see) but after I hit the send e-mail button my recommender was able to get the letter in that way. I got an e-mail from LSAC saying they recieved and elaluation and a letter about 2 minutes before she e-mailed me to say she had sent everything in.

honeybadger12

Bronze

Post by honeybadger12 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:48 pm

honeybadger12 wrote:
Psib337 wrote:
AlanShore wrote:
LORs can be emailed in??
Found the answer on the LSAC website:
Choose the option that is the most convenient for you and your recommender. Print - recommender mails the letter with the form you print; E-mail - recommender uploads the recommendation electronically at Applicant References website. (The recommender will need to create an account on that website. Instructions will be in the e-mail that LSAC sends to the recommender.)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”