So here's my story:
Took the LSAT last year and scored a 166. Decided to retake b/c I was confident I could do well. I was averaging 170-173. Took the June test and walked out feeling ambushed. I really have no idea what happened. I think I fucked up RC (two RC sections back to back), did OK on LR, and might have fucked up LG as well (I usually went -0 to -1; I froze on one game and then came back with 5 minutes left and I was answering must be true questions with constricted hypos). At this point, I really have no idea what my score will be but on June 11 I told myself I'd be lucky to hit 166 again. I don't know if I was overreacting or not.
Also, I don't mind retaking in October.
1. If you were in my position, would you cancel or wait it out?
2. If I don't cancel and end up getting a lower score, how bad will this look: 166, 166-x, 166+x (assuming I do better than 166 on the October test)
3. How would schools view a 166, Cancel, 166+ (again assuming).
Cancel or not - help me out Forum
- Doorkeeper

- Posts: 4869
- Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm
Re: Cancel or not - help me out
If you feel like you fucked up a section in a way that you did not normally do during PT, and you have no issues with retaking, I'd cancel and retake in October.
-
dkb17xzx

- Posts: 403
- Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:25 pm
Re: Cancel or not - help me out
thanks for the response.
also bump - halppp me
also bump - halppp me
-
suzige

- Posts: 307
- Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 pm
Re: Cancel or not - help me out
tag. I'm debating canceling as well. I def messed up my RC and LG sections. I didn't have enough time to read the last passage, let alone answer any questions. I also didn't get passed the initial set up of my final game. This rarely happened to me on my most recent PTs. I also ran out of time on my LR sections, so I'm feeling really crappy about my overall performance. I felt really confident going in, which makes it worse.
I typed up my cancellation letter. I'm going to sleep on it one more night before I decide to fax it in or not.
Does anyone out there have any advice? Any reassurance?
This was supposed to be my retake. I see from past threads that one cancellation doesn't look too bad. I'll take my 3rd LSAT in Oct. for sure if I cancel.
I typed up my cancellation letter. I'm going to sleep on it one more night before I decide to fax it in or not.
Does anyone out there have any advice? Any reassurance?
This was supposed to be my retake. I see from past threads that one cancellation doesn't look too bad. I'll take my 3rd LSAT in Oct. for sure if I cancel.
- Doorkeeper

- Posts: 4869
- Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:25 pm
Re: Cancel or not - help me out
Cancel. No doubt.suzige wrote:tag. I'm debating canceling as well. I def messed up my RC and LG sections. I didn't have enough time to read the last passage, let alone answer any questions. I also didn't get passed the initial set up of my final game. This rarely happened to me on my most recent PTs. I also ran out of time on my LR sections, so I'm feeling really crappy about my overall performance. I felt really confident going in, which makes it worse.
I typed up my cancellation letter. I'm going to sleep on it one more night before I decide to fax it in or not.
Does anyone out there have any advice? Any reassurance?
This was supposed to be my retake. I see from past threads that one cancellation doesn't look too bad. I'll take my 3rd LSAT in Oct. for sure if I cancel.
You don't want to see the score below what you were PTing. It will devastate you and you won't have motivation to study again.