C&F - ticket/citation issued at private university Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
butifuldisastr

New

C&F - ticket/citation issued at private university

Post by butifuldisastr » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:38 am

Filling out the character and fitness portion of applications, I am unsure how to treat this strange situation:
I went to a private university and was issued a ticket/citation for altering a one-day parking pass. I had called the parking office at the university and told them I was running late for class, so couldn't pick up updated pass. A student at the office told me to just change the date and get my updated pass as soon as possible. I stupidly listened, altered the pass, and got smacked with a $650 ticket from the university. I tried to fight it, but had no evidence, so I just paid it and went on with my life.

Is this considered any kind of disciplinary action? Should I report this on the C&F if they ask if I have ever been charged with any kind of disciplinary action by a school?

I called my school and they said both my academic and misconduct record were clear (apparently no evidence that this ticket ever existed since I paid it, and I have never been charged with anything other kind of misconduct).

MachineLemon

Bronze

Re: C&F - ticket/citation issued at private university

Post by MachineLemon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:08 am

Usual advice is when in doubt disclose. I'm sure people forget school parking tickets all the time, and it's not the sort of issue that really bears on whether you'll be an honest student and attorney.

I'd just write, "I received a campus parking ticket and paid the fine in full. The incident does not appear on my academic or disciplinary record."

I cannot imagine this disclosure affecting your chances of admission in any way. Just note it and move on.

hotchkiss1

New

Re: C&F - ticket/citation issued at private university

Post by hotchkiss1 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:02 am

what university is it? It sounds like highway robbery, or you have been set up, was the person told you the ticket scheme who also citied you? Is it even legal? Maybe this should be in your ps/reason to go to law school. :D

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”