Getting in-state tuition Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
john1990

Silver

Getting in-state tuition

Post by john1990 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:38 am

I've read different things for different schools. Some have told me that you can pay in-state tuition for the 2nd and 3rd years if you live in the state 12 months a year. Others have said you must live in the state for an entire year before going to law school in order to ever qualify for in-state tuition. Now i'm evaluating many law schools and this is a huge concern. How should i go about determining which schools i can pay in-state tuition for? Should i simply email the admissions offices, or financial aid?

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Re: Getting in-state tuition

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:44 am

You could check the schools' websites. UGA, for example, has all the information you need to know easily visible on the website.

From what I have read, Texas and Virginia will not allow it.

My guess is that if you can't find any information on the school's website, that's a good sign you're not going to be able to get in-state for your second and third years. That would be a big perk - they would advertise it if it was possible (like UGA).

shock259

Gold

Re: Getting in-state tuition

Post by shock259 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:52 am

Depends on the state. The school will know, however. At my school, everyone can get in-state tuition their second year if they play their cards right. A lot of states aren't this easy, though.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”