Got my LSAT score back...164. I was aiming for a 168+. My cold diagnostic was a 161 and I was PT'ing before the test 170+. Thoughts and comments would be appreciated. (GPA 3.49) My options as I see them now:
A. Apply and settle for my current Lsat score, just accept I'll be applying to schools 20-50 instead of any 1-20.
B. Retake in December and apply this cycle. Biggest concern is 1: restarting studying (can anyone speak to this? How much will I likely have lost in the
last 3 weeks since the Lsat?) Also, how much of a disadvantage will I be at with apps going in late?
C. Retake in December and put off my cycle until next year.
D. Retake in June and apply next year.
Thoughts?
WHAT TO DO Forum
- theadvancededit

- Posts: 315
- Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:31 pm
Re: WHAT TO DO
Your tough choices are between B and D, I feel.
Even though three weeks have passed, your prep should still be relatively fresh, if not more so from a needed brain-liberating break.
And, if you decide to wait a cycle, then why not take it in June? Don't take in Dec if you're going to wait a cycle, you might as well apply for this one. If you really do want to wait until next cycle, then take it Feb/June and (assuming you didn't take this once before) use next Oct. as a control date just in case you need a third one.
Even though three weeks have passed, your prep should still be relatively fresh, if not more so from a needed brain-liberating break.
And, if you decide to wait a cycle, then why not take it in June? Don't take in Dec if you're going to wait a cycle, you might as well apply for this one. If you really do want to wait until next cycle, then take it Feb/June and (assuming you didn't take this once before) use next Oct. as a control date just in case you need a third one.
-
SnoDog

- Posts: 46
- Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:19 am
Re: WHAT TO DO
Similar situation here. How much of a disadvantage will we have if we apply after taking the Dec. LSAT compared to applying now? (With the Oct. LSAT score)
-
American_in_China

- Posts: 307
- Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:19 pm
Re: WHAT TO DO
Don't worry about restarting your studying. It won't be a big deal- but I do suggest you try something new in your approach- I did Powerscore the first time, and then the second time around I used both Kaplan (I became a teacher for them and got a ton of free materials), some Manhattan, and then a big dollop of Velocity. Mix and match to find the combo that works for you.jrthor10 wrote:Got my LSAT score back...164. I was aiming for a 168+. My cold diagnostic was a 161 and I was PT'ing before the test 170+. Thoughts and comments would be appreciated. (GPA 3.49) My options as I see them now:
A. Apply and settle for my current Lsat score, just accept I'll be applying to schools 20-50 instead of any 1-20.
B. Retake in December and apply this cycle. Biggest concern is 1: restarting studying (can anyone speak to this? How much will I likely have lost in the
last 3 weeks since the Lsat?) Also, how much of a disadvantage will I be at with apps going in late?
C. Retake in December and put off my cycle until next year.
D. Retake in June and apply next year.
Thoughts?