Can you ask adm. at school to add a doc after apps sent? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Cartman

Bronze

Can you ask adm. at school to add a doc after apps sent?

Post by Cartman » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:14 am

Hey folks,

So here's my Q. After lots of deliberation, I decided to write an additional statement regarding overcoming obstacles (DS, essentially), discussing a lot of the obstacles I overcame to get to where I am today (the TLS junkie, amirite?). Anyways, I've sent off my apps already to most of my schools, with the exception of Cornell and a few others. UT Austin, Vandy, already out.

Is it possible to email the admissions dept. at the schools I want the statement added to and ask if they can attach it? (That is, of course, assuming the application has not yet gone under review.) Has anyone done this before? Or know of someone who has?

Thanks in advance.

bdubs

Gold

Re: Can you ask adm. at school to add a doc after apps sent?

Post by bdubs » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:16 am

Most schools will let you add to your file before it goes to the admissions committee (some will even supplement after). Send it to the admissions e-mail address politely asking for it to be added to your file.

Platinum

Re: Can you ask adm. at school to add a doc after apps sent?

Post by 071816 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:17 am

Just email them and tell them you want to add it to your file and either copy or paste the text of the document into the body of your email or attach it (or both). Most schools will gladly add stuff like this to your file. I did something like this a few times last cycle and all the schools were fine with it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”