Sent LOCI before wait list, now what? Forum
- risktaker

- Posts: 687
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm
Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?
So I sent in a LOCI to two schools that I did not hear from in ages. A week or so later, I ended up getting wait listed. I already said everything I wanted to about why I want to attend the two schools. What do I do now? Should I send another LOCI with very very very specific things about why I like each school or just don't do anything? I already sent an updated resume with new info. All responses would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
- risktaker

- Posts: 687
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm
Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?
bump. Please, any sort of advice would be appreciated.
- animalcrkrs

- Posts: 269
- Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm
Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?
Send another one immediately. Consider picking one and going balls-to-the-wall for it, saying straight up if they accept you you'll absolutely go no matter what (if you would)-- this might up your chances if they are sure you're a sure thing.
- risktaker

- Posts: 687
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm
Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?
Alright, so the thing is that I already went balls to the wall for one of the WL schools. The two schools that I mentioned here are not my #1 choices. Should I still send another LOCI? Would it be that awful to say that you would attend if accepted and then you don't end up accepting the offer when they admit you?
- animalcrkrs

- Posts: 269
- Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm
Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?
IMO I would not say I would definitely attend if accepted and then NOT attend if accepted, but I think you'll find pepole with different views on that...but my take is that you should only do that balls-to-the-wall move with one school that is actually your top choice.risktaker wrote:Alright, so the thing is that I already went balls to the wall for one of the WL schools. The two schools that I mentioned here are not my #1 choices. Should I still send another LOCI? Would it be that awful to say that you would attend if accepted and then you don't end up accepting the offer when they admit you?
- risktaker

- Posts: 687
- Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm
Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?
Thanks for the help. So does that mean I should not bother to send another LOCI to the other two wait list schools?
- animalcrkrs

- Posts: 269
- Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:24 pm
Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?
No, for sure still send them, just express your great continued interest etc.
- Cupidity

- Posts: 2214
- Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm
Re: Sent LOCI before wait list, now what?
Hard copy, hand signed, LOCI. 3 Sentences tops.