Deposit Deadline Forum
-
FiveSermon

- Posts: 1505
- Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm
Deposit Deadline
Anyone have any luck in extending them? I tried at one school but they refused me pretty quickly. Maybe my email wasn't convincing enough.
- pinkcamellia

- Posts: 953
- Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Re: Deposit Deadline
I did get an extension of two weeks from a school where I am waiting on a scholly negotiation. I emailed explaining the situation and the fact that I was still interested. They responded the next day.
If I were you, I would give them a call. Use any bit of leverage you can, and good luck!
If I were you, I would give them a call. Use any bit of leverage you can, and good luck!
-
FiveSermon

- Posts: 1505
- Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:56 pm
Re: Deposit Deadline
I did the "Im waiting to hear from another school" instead of the leveraging scholarship bit.pinkcamellia wrote:I did get an extension of two weeks from a school where I am waiting on a scholly negotiation. I emailed explaining the situation and the fact that I was still interested. They responded the next day.
If I were you, I would give them a call. Use any bit of leverage you can, and good luck!
Maybe I should email the other schools saying I'm in the middle of scholarship negotiation (which is true). I just didn't know which one would have been the better proposal.
- pinkcamellia

- Posts: 953
- Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm
Re: Deposit Deadline
It's a confusing process for sure! With most schools, you can leave your pending/waitlisted applications active even after a seat deposit, so the school might've thought that wasn't an excuse not to pay your deposit with them.FiveSermon wrote:I did the "Im waiting to hear from another school" instead of the leveraging scholarship bit.pinkcamellia wrote:I did get an extension of two weeks from a school where I am waiting on a scholly negotiation. I emailed explaining the situation and the fact that I was still interested. They responded the next day.
If I were you, I would give them a call. Use any bit of leverage you can, and good luck!
Maybe I should email the other schools saying I'm in the middle of scholarship negotiation (which is true). I just didn't know which one would have been the better proposal.
I would contact the school that you are negotiating with and inform them that you have a deadline coming up. They might hurry things along. Even if they don't, you need to make a decision on which school you will attend if you absolutely cannot get out of the deadline. HTH!