Strong Regional LOR good for other LS? Help! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
anteater1

Silver

Strong Regional LOR good for other LS? Help!

Post by anteater1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:01 am

Hey guys another quick question for you.

Thanks to working with my father for the Los Angeles Sheriffs Dept. I managed to secure a Letter or Rec from the Sheriff of Los Angeles.

Thankfully, Baca got his PhD from Southern Cal so it should help for LA based schools but i'm interested in some other schools in the East.

Would it be beneficial to include this LOR for schools in the East, or will it just be looked at as the same as any other LOR?

Thanks as always! :mrgreen:

TTH

Diamond

Re: Strong Regional LOR good for other LS? Help!

Post by TTH » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:18 am

It will be looked at the same as any other LOR, or perhaps worse than a typical LOR if the Sheriff doesn't actually know you/has worked with you. The prestige of your recommendation writers is immaterial. Law schools would rather get LORs from adjunct professors with whom you worked closely than a U.S. Senator you met twice.

sojasoph

Bronze

Re: Strong Regional LOR good for other LS? Help!

Post by sojasoph » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:48 am

anteater1 wrote:Hey guys another quick question for you.

Thanks to working with my father for the Los Angeles Sheriffs Dept. I managed to secure a Letter or Rec from the Sheriff of Los Angeles.

Thankfully, Baca got his PhD from Southern Cal so it should help for LA based schools but i'm interested in some other schools in the East.

Would it be beneficial to include this LOR for schools in the East, or will it just be looked at as the same as any other LOR?

Thanks as always! :mrgreen:
just send them all

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”