GW Application Question Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jetsfan

New

GW Application Question

Post by jetsfan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:38 pm

It says something like: Can we contact your parents/guardians and recommenders to discuss your application. I have no problem with them contacting my recommenders, but my parents? Anyway, would it be bad to check "no" to that question? Would they actually contact my parents?

DeeCee

Silver

Re: GW Application Question

Post by DeeCee » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:02 am

jetsfan wrote:It says something like: Can we contact your parents/guardians and recommenders to discuss your application. I have no problem with them contacting my recommenders, but my parents? Anyway, would it be bad to check "no" to that question? Would they actually contact my parents?
You can do like I did and check yes, but then put N/A for the information for a particular parent you do not want them to speak to. Example--I am not close with one parent and only talk to that person on the holidays. So, I put N/A for that info because that person doesn't even know I've applied to law school yet. However, my other parent has supported me though everything and essentially raised me alone, so I put their information.

I'm not sure what you would do if this was the circumstance for both parents.....otherwise it might look bad to say no. However, I'm not sure I believe parents need to be contacted unless they are helping you through school, and mine aren't.

JJDancer

Gold

Re: GW Application Question

Post by JJDancer » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:16 pm

Saying no probably seems a little weird.
But I HIGHLY doubt they would ever contact an applicant's parents while determining whether to accept them or not..

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”